- The report contains detailed information about MakeMusic Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MakeMusic Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MakeMusic Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MakeMusic Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MakeMusic Inc. business.
About MakeMusic Inc.
MakeMusic, Inc. develops and markets proprietary music technology solutions under the Finale and SmartMusic brands. The companys products provide alternatives to traditional practice, education, and composition techniques. Its software product sales are made through traditional distribution channels and MakeMusics Web sites.
The SmartMusic Solution
SmartMusic software is a music teaching and learning solution for band, orchestra, and vocal students to use at school and at home. SmartMusic improves and transforms the hours spent practicing by putting students inside a professional band, or orchestra so that they can hear how the music is supposed to be performed and how their part fits in. SmartMusic also offers various practice tools that make practice time productive.
Teachers use SmartMusic Gradebook, the Web-based grade book that comes with each teacher subscription, to post assignments to students, receive completed assignments from students, assess student achievement, and manage student records. As of December 31, 2009, SmartMusic had 1,535 titles available for band, 150 for jazz ensemble, and 611 titles available for orchestra. As of December 31, 2009, MakeMusic had approximately 9,200 teacher accounts with active SmartMusic subscriptions.
Finale family of notation products
The company provides music notation software with its Finale family of products for use with Macintosh and Windows PC operating systems. Music notation software enables a musician to enter musical data into a computer using either the computer keyboard, a MIDI- (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) equipped electronic music keyboard or other MIDI-equipped instruments, and contemporaneously display the data on a computer screen as a musical score.
The Finale product is a notation software product, which is sold worldwide. The company also produces an Academic/Theological Edition of the Finale product that is sold to schools, teachers, college students, and religious organizations. The Finale product is translated into German, French, Italian, and Japanese.
Finale PrintMusic and Finale SongWriter are entry-level music notation software products. Each contains a subset of the notation tools contained in the Finale and Finale Allegro products. These products allow the company to offer entry-level products to the retail customer, thereby expanding the base of registered users. These products are targeted to an audience in the education and general consumer marketplace.
Finale Sales and Marketing: As of December 31, 2009, Finale notation products were sold through 50 distributors serving countries world-wide. In the United States and Canada, the Finale family of notation products is sold by channel-specific distributors and retailers in the musical instrument, educational, and consumer electronic channels. The company has a domestic distribution agreement with Hal Leonard Corporation.
Competition: The companys competitors include The companys competitors include Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, Sibelius Software, NOTION Music, Inc.,Voyeur Turtle Beach, Inc., and Gvox/Encore.
MakeMusic, Inc. was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAKEMUSIC INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAKEMUSIC INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAKEMUSIC INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAKEMUSIC INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAKEMUSIC INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MakeMusic Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MakeMusic Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MakeMusic Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MakeMusic Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MakeMusic Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAKEMUSIC INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAKEMUSIC INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAKEMUSIC INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAKEMUSIC INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAKEMUSIC INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAKEMUSIC INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MakeMusic Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MakeMusic Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MakeMusic Inc. Major Shareholders
MakeMusic Inc. History
MakeMusic Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MakeMusic Inc. Offices and Representations
MakeMusic Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MakeMusic Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MakeMusic Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MakeMusic Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
MakeMusic Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MakeMusic Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MakeMusic Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MakeMusic Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MakeMusic Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MakeMusic Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MakeMusic Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MakeMusic Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?