- The report contains detailed information about Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. business.
About Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd.
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provide information solutions for decision making and operational performance to businesses and governments worldwide. It delivers earth and space based information solutions, ranging from complex operational systems, to tailored information services, to electronic information products. The company operates in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and Canada.
The company operates through two segments, Information Products and Information Systems.
The Information Products group provides commercial and residential land and property related information solutions, primarily for the financial services sector, and value-added geospatial information solutions for the surveillance and intelligence sector. For the financial services sector, the company provides information solutions that accelerate the sales, conveyancing, mortgage financing and insuring of properties. In North America, the company is a supplier of information solutions that help property insurers to rapidly determine insurance coverage amounts, identify underinsured properties, and estimate and analyze claims. In addition, the company is a supplier of information related to residential properties.
The company provides a suite of solutions to help mortgage lenders accelerate the origination of equity loans and mortgages and to assist mortgage lenders manage their portfolio of loans, including remedial solutions for mortgages that are in default. In the United Kingdom, Ireland and North America, the company provides businesses and professionals with electronic access to property-related information solutions and search services required to market a property and complete the conveyancing process. MDA also provides solutions to lenders in the United Kingdom and Europe to enable them to manage the electronic exchange of valuation-related information with home surveyors and other outsourced service providers.
Through its Geospatial Services operations, the company provides geospatial information and decision support solutions which are derived using both satellite and aerial Earth observation sources. These solutions are used by organizations worldwide that monitor and manage changes and activities on the Earth, such as defense intelligence and surveillance, agriculture resource management and environmental agencies.
The Information Systems group provides ground-based and space-based information solutions that support the operational needs of government, both military and civilian, and commercial customers worldwide. The company's ground-based information solutions include Earth observation ground systems, defense information systems, airborne surveillance systems and transportation management systems. The company's space-based information solutions include platforms for Earth observation and solutions for space exploration missions, as well as various mission sub-systems and support services. The companys capabilities in business and program management, systems engineering, systems integration, testing and support services address customer requirements through the information solutions life cycle.
In 2008, the company acquired certain mortgage-related information solutions and businesses from TransUnion LLC to complement its line of data-related information solutions for the lending market in the U.S. In addition, the company acquired the businesses of Richards Gray Holdings Ltd. to expand its suite of information solutions for the conveyancing market in the United Kingdom.
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd. was incorporated in 1969.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MACDONALD DETTWILER & ASSOCIATES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MACDONALD DETTWILER & ASSOCIATES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MACDONALD DETTWILER & ASSOCIATES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MACDONALD DETTWILER & ASSOCIATES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MACDONALD DETTWILER & ASSOCIATES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. MACDONALD DETTWILER & ASSOCIATES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MACDONALD DETTWILER & ASSOCIATES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MACDONALD DETTWILER & ASSOCIATES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MACDONALD DETTWILER & ASSOCIATES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MACDONALD DETTWILER & ASSOCIATES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MACDONALD DETTWILER & ASSOCIATES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Major Shareholders
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. History
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Offices and Representations
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Macdonald Dettwiler & Associates Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?