- The report contains detailed information about Logica PLC that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Logica PLC. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Logica PLC financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Logica PLC competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Logica PLC business.
About Logica PLC
LogicaCMG plc operates as a global solutions company providing management and IT consultancy, systems integration and outsourcing services to clients across various markets, including telecoms, financial services, energy and utilities, industry, distribution and transport and the public sector.
LogicaCMG focuses on differentiated, value-added activities critical to the business success of its clients. The Company provides companies with a competitive advantage through the adoption of the following core strengths: strategic consultancy, systems integration, project management, products, and support services such as business process outsourcing.
LogicaCMG delivers solutions in partnership with its global clients in market segments such as: Automotive, Consulting, Energy & utilities, Financial services, Industry, Offshore services, Outsourcing, Public sector, Space & defence, Telecoms, Transport, travel & logistics and Wireless networks.
LogicaCMG delivers mission-critical systems to many of the worlds financial organisations, including ABN AMRO, ING and Barclays Group. More than 150 international banks use LogicaCMG systems to move their funds and, every day, $3 trillion is transmitted with the support of the companys software solutions.
Energy and utilities
The Company delivers innovative services for energy and utilities customers in Europe, North America, Asia, Australasia and the Middle East. In addition to its strength in systems integration, its offerings include consultancy, business process outsourcing, managed services and SAP consultancy, delivery and support.
LogicaCMG has a broad portfolio of telecom services, solutions and products with a customer base spanning mobile operators, such as Vodafone and Cingular, and wireline companies, like BT and KPN. The companys wireless business offerings range from messaging and wireless portals to unified communications, mobile payments, operational support services and outsourcing.
The Company is a provider of SMS (short message service) messaging solutions and MMS (multimedia messaging service), which allows such services as photo messaging. Its uOne unified messaging platform integrates voice, fax and email across multiple networks and devices.
LogicaCMGs public sector business focuses on the central government, local authority and space and defence markets.
The Companys record in government includes itself having supported every Dutch Government department and having worked across the whole UK public sector, with customers such as the Department of Trade and Industry and the Health & Safety Executive. In 2002, substantial new opportunities began to emerge in the National Health Service, in the criminal justice community and in local authorities.
Space and defence
In space and defence, the companys ability to deliver bespoke software for mission-critical applications meets its customers desire for long-term, dependable suppliers who are capable of delivering complex projects.
LogicaCMG has developed and deployed a fully integrated customer contact management and workflow system for South East Water, one of Australias major water and sewerage service providers. The e-business initiative, named Project ICE (Integration, Customer Service and e-Business) enables customer self-service. The system provides better access for all users providing a single view of customers and properties across South East Waters service region.
Stage One of the project provides four key services: information statements, property sewerage plans, asset information plans and size depth offset plans. This information will greatly simplify the lives of those involved in property development, such as builders, solicitors and property owners.
South East Water customers will interact with ICE through their web browsers, with information delivered through a combination of static HTML, DHTML and XML. Internal South East Water users will access the system through a WIN32 GUI front-end that was developed in C+, part of the .NET framework. The ICE database is built upon Oracle.
South East Water receives and processes over 90,000 information requests a year from solicitors, property owners and architects to plumbers, developers and builders. These requests can range from a task as simple as providing an asset map for a property or as complex as Sewer Alterations or Managing Backlog Connections which involves a larger sequence of more intricate steps. The manual process of receiving these requests through mail/fax, processing the paperwork and sending out the statements was time consuming and expensive. Development on Stage Two of Project ICE commenced in November 2003 and is due to be completed in mid July 2004.
LogicaCMG plc and Tune Money.Com have entered into an agreement to develop a no-frills financial services Web portal which would offer insurance products. The portal would offer personal financial services, featuring no-frills, competitively-priced products which allow consumers to deploy a range of services and enjoy the convenience of online transactions. LogicaCMG would provide and implement the hardware for production and staging servers as well as design, develop and implement the portal and its component.
The company and Sybase, Inc. have signed an agreement to deliver integrated mobility solutions to the U.K. and Australian logistics and transport industries.
LogicaCMG plc was founded in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LOGICA PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LOGICA PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LOGICA PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LOGICA PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LOGICA PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Logica PLC Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Logica PLC and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Logica PLC and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Logica PLC Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Logica PLC Industry Position Analysis
6. LOGICA PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LOGICA PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LOGICA PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LOGICA PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LOGICA PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LOGICA PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Logica PLC Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Logica PLC Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Logica PLC Major Shareholders
Logica PLC History
Logica PLC Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Logica PLC Offices and Representations
Logica PLC SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Logica PLC Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Logica PLC Capital Market Snapshot
Logica PLC Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Logica PLC Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Logica PLC Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Logica PLC Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Logica PLC 1-year Stock Charts
Logica PLC 5-year Stock Charts
Logica PLC vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Logica PLC vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Logica PLC Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?