- The report contains detailed information about International Business Machines Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for International Business Machines Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The International Business Machines Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes International Business Machines Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of International Business Machines Corp. business.
About International Business Machines Corp.
International Business Machines Corporation operates as an information technology (IT) company worldwide. The companys primary services offerings include information technology (IT) datacenter and business process outsourcing, application management services, consulting and systems integration, technology infrastructure and system maintenance, Web hosting and the design and development of complex IT systems to a clients specifications (Design and Build).
The companys segments include Global Technology Services segment; Global Business Services segment; Systems and Technology segment; Software segment; and Global Financing segment.
Global Technology Services (GTS)
This segment primarily provides IT infrastructure services and business process services. GTSs capabilities include strategic outsourcing services, business transformation outsourcing, integrated technology services, and maintenance.
The GTS outsourcing businesses are supported by integrated worldwide delivery organizations, such as Integrated Technology Delivery (ITD) and Business Process Delivery (BPD).
Integrated Technology Delivery (ITD) is responsible for worldwide service delivery supporting the strategic outsourcing business. ITD operates a globally integrated delivery model, which supports regional client-facing teams by utilizing a global network of competencies and centers.
Business Process Delivery (BPD) provides delivery capabilities in the companys business process delivery operations, which include Business Transformation Outsourcing, Business Process Outsourcing and Business Process Services.
Global Business Services
This segment provides professional services and application outsourcing services. GBS capabilities include consulting and systems integration and application management services.
Software consists primarily of middleware and operating systems software. Middleware software enables clients to integrate systems, processes and applications across a software platform. The companys software capabilities include Websphere software, information management software, tivoli software, lotus software, rational software, and operating systems.
Systems and Technology
This segment provides clients with business solutions requiring advanced computing power and storage capabilities. It provides semiconductor technology, products and packaging solutions to clients and for its own advanced technology needs. The company servers use both IBM and non-IBM microprocessor technology and operating systems. It servers run Linux, a key open-source operating system.
The company provides data storage products and solutions that allow clients to retain and manage digital information. The portfolio consists of a range of disk and tape storage systems and software, including the next-generation, ultra-scalable disk storage system XIV. The company provides retail store solutions and microelectronics.
This segment facilitates clients' acquisition of systems, software, and services. Its capabilities include client financing, commercial financing, and remarketing.
Sales and Distribution
The company's major markets include the United States (U.S.), Canada, the United Kingdom (U.K.), France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Greece, Ireland, the Netherlands, Portugal, Cyprus, Norway, Israel, Spain, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean region.
The company operates in various sectors, including financial services: banking, financial markets, insurance; public: education, government, healthcare, life sciences; industrial: aerospace and defense, automotive, chemical and petroleum, electronics; distribution: consumer products, retail, travel and transportation; communications: telecommunications, media and entertainment, energy and utilities; and general business.
IBM, the National Institute of Design (NID) and Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo (RCAST) have ventured on a collaborative research initiative to explore an open, common user interface platform for mobile devices, to make them e
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. International Business Machines Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of International Business Machines Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of International Business Machines Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. International Business Machines Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. International Business Machines Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
International Business Machines Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
International Business Machines Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
International Business Machines Corp. Major Shareholders
International Business Machines Corp. History
International Business Machines Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
International Business Machines Corp. Offices and Representations
International Business Machines Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
International Business Machines Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
International Business Machines Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
International Business Machines Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
International Business Machines Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
International Business Machines Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
International Business Machines Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
International Business Machines Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
International Business Machines Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
International Business Machines Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
International Business Machines Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
International Business Machines Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?