- The report contains detailed information about Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Heartland Payment Systems, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. business.
About Heartland Payment Systems, Inc.
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. provides bankcard payment processing services to merchants in the United States and Canada. This involves facilitating the exchange of information and funds between merchants and cardholders financial institutions, providing electronic payment processing services to merchants, including merchant set-up and training, transaction authorization and electronic draft capture, clearing and settlement, merchant accounting, merchant assistance, and support and risk management.
The companys merchant customers primarily fall into two categories; its core small and mid-sized merchants (referred to as Small and Midsized Enterprises, or SME merchants) and large national merchants, primarily in the petroleum industry. The company also provides additional services to its merchants, such as payroll processing, gift and loyalty programs, prepaid and stored-value solutions, and paper check processing, and the company sells and rent point-of-sale devices and supplies.
Services and Products
SME Merchant Bankcard Payment Processing
The company offers bankcard payment processing services to merchants, including merchant set-up and training, transaction authorization and electronic draft capture, clearing and settlement, merchant accounting, merchant support and chargeback resolution.
It also provides clearing, settlement, and accounting services through Passport, its own internally developed back-end processing system. Passport enables the company to customize these services to the needs of its relationship managers and merchants. In addition, the company sells and rents point-of-sale devices; and supplies and provides additional services to its merchants, such as gift and loyalty programs, paper check authorization and chargeback processing.
Authorization and Draft Capture: The company provides electronic payment authorization and draft capture services for all major bankcards. The company offers HPS Exchange, its internally developed front-end processing system. Its front-end processing is outsourced to third-party processors, primarily TSYS Acquiring Solutions, but also including First Data Corporation, Chase Paymentech Solutions and Global Payments Inc.
Clearing and Settlement: The ACH payments system generates a credit to the merchants bank accounts for the value of the file. The merchant thereby receives payment for the value of the purchased goods or services, two business days after the sale. Under the terms of the new Agreement with American Express and Discover, the process would be substantially similar to the Visa and MasterCard process, and the merchant would receive one deposit for all cards accepted.
Passport, its internally developed back-end system, enables the company to customize these services to the needs of its merchants and Relationship Managers.
Merchant Accounting: Utilizing Passport, the company organizes its SME merchants transaction data into various files for merchant accounting and billing purposes. The company sends its SME merchants detailed monthly statements itemizing daily deposits and fees, and summarizing activity by bankcard type. These detailed statements allow its SME merchants to monitor sales performance, control expenses, disseminate information, and track profitability. The company also provides information related to exception item processing and various other items of information, such as volume, discounts, chargebacks, interchange qualification levels and funds held for reserves to help them track their account activity.
Merchant Support Services: The company provides merchants with ongoing service and support for their processing needs.
Large National Merchant Bankcard Payment Processing
Network Services is a provider of payment processing solutions, serving large national merchants in various industries, such as petroleum, convenience store, parking and retail. Services include payment processing, prepaid services, POS terminal, helpdesk services and merchant bankcard services. Network Services processes authorizations of large national merchants transactions through Fujitsu America, which acquired Alliance Data Systems Co
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HEARTLAND PAYMENT SYSTEMS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Major Shareholders
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. History
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Offices and Representations
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?