- The report contains detailed information about GigaMedia Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GigaMedia Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GigaMedia Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GigaMedia Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GigaMedia Ltd. business.
About GigaMedia Ltd.
GigaMedia Limited provides gaming software and services to the online gaming industry in the Peoples Republic of China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. The company conducts its online games business in the PRC primarily through T2CN and in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau primarily through FunTown. The companys online game portfolio includes online MahJong, MMORPGs, casual games and various online card, chance-based and casual games. The company offers online MahJong through FunTown-branded game platform. The company offers two licensed MMORPGs, including Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau, and Holic Online in Taiwan.
The companys online game portfolio includes four casual games. In addition, through its integrated FunTown-branded game platform, the company offers approximately 40 online card, chance-based and casual games. To complement its online games, the company offers various value-added services and virtual items for players to improve their game experience, skills and online personal character.
GAMING SOFTWARE AND SERVICE BUSINESS
The company operates its gaming software and service business through CESL, its wholly-owned subsidiary. The company offers online gaming solutions principally focused on the online poker and casino segments of the global online gaming industry. The company partner with UIM, its licensee, to provide a multilingual, multi-product game platform, namely the Everest-branded gaming platform.
In December 2008, the company entered into a strategic partnership with Victor Chandler with a view to driving cross-selling across the Everest-branded platform. Under the partnership, the company and UIM market Victor Chandlers online sports betting through Everest Bets, a sports betting affiliate Website.
Products and Services
The company primarily provides the software and services for the online poker rooms, casinos and the related marketing affiliate programs operated by UIM. The companys online gaming solution comprises online gaming software, online gaming management tools, and application and consulting services.
Online Gaming Software for Players
The companys software products are downloadable game client software programs, or game clients, which provide a intuitive user interface for players to register, deposit and withdraw funds, play free and real money games, manage their accounts and profiles, and seek assistance. The companys game clients process locally in each end-users computer and interact remotely with UIMs gaming servers to display virtual poker rooms and casinos, generate a sequence of random numbers for game playing, and enable users to play poker and casino games through the Internet. The companys game clients are available in 15 supported languages, including Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish. The game clients can be installed directly from Websites. Patches and updates are provided automatically and apply to the product content each time the software programs start.
The companys poker game client supports poker games, including Texas Holdem and Omaha. All poker games are real-time and multi-player capable. The poker game client features 3D graphics and realistic visual effects.
The companys casino game client supports a range of traditional and new casino games, including blackjack, video poker, slots, roulette, solitaire and others. The game client can be skinned with different interfaces, enabling UIM to market casinos under a number of different brands and custom-branded casinos for its affiliates.
Online Gaming Management Tools
The companys gaming management tools enable UIM to deliver end user support and operation management. The company develops and offers a set of gaming management tools, including an e-commerce system, marketing support tools and backoffice applications. The companys e-commerce system accommodates various deposit and payment options, such as credit card processors and various electronic wallet programs.
The company provides UIM with an integrated Web-based promotion platform,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GIGAMEDIA LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GIGAMEDIA LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GIGAMEDIA LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GIGAMEDIA LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GIGAMEDIA LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GigaMedia Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GigaMedia Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GigaMedia Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GigaMedia Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GigaMedia Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. GIGAMEDIA LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GIGAMEDIA LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GIGAMEDIA LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. TAIWAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GIGAMEDIA LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GIGAMEDIA LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GIGAMEDIA LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GigaMedia Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GigaMedia Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GigaMedia Ltd. Major Shareholders
GigaMedia Ltd. History
GigaMedia Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GigaMedia Ltd. Offices and Representations
GigaMedia Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GigaMedia Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GigaMedia Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
GigaMedia Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
GigaMedia Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GigaMedia Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GigaMedia Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GigaMedia Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
GigaMedia Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
GigaMedia Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GigaMedia Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GigaMedia Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?