- The report contains detailed information about Fonix Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fonix Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fonix Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fonix Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fonix Corp. business.
About Fonix Corp.
Fonix Corporation, through its subsidiary, Fonix Speech, Inc., provides speech-enabling technologies, speech interface development tools, and speech solutions and applications in the United States and internationally. The company, through its other subsidiary, Shanghai Gaozhi Software Systems Limited, also engages in the software development for second-generation (2G) and third-generation (3G) telecommunication operation support systems, as well as provides software solutions in China and throughout the Asian Pacific region.
Value-Added Speech Technologies
Fonix Speech, Inc.
Fonix Speech provides value-added embedded speech technology development tools, applications, and solutions for multiple market segments comprising mobile and wireless devices, video game consoles, electronic devices for the assistive and language learning markets, robots, appliances, automotive telematics, computer telephony, and server applications. Its products are used by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) or original design manufacturers (ODMs) of consumer electronics devices and products; software developers; wireless operators; telephony distributors; system integrators; and value-added resellers (VARs). Fonix Speech delivers speech solutions in the following markets:
The company offers solutions for people who are blind or have visual, vocal or mobility impairments, and for non-English speakers who are learning the English language.
Fonix Speech Solutions for Electronic Devices
Fonix Speech offers various speech solutions for the assistive and language learning markets.
The Assistive Market: Fonix DECtalk is the assistive industrys text-to-speech engine, offering nine intelligible text-to-speech (TTS) voices and six languages. Users rely on Fonix DECtalk to read their email, the daily news or other documents, or to function as their voice to the outside world. OEM partners in the assistive market include Dynavox, GW Micro, Prentke-Romich, Kurzweil Education Systems, and Toby Churchill.
PDA, PC, and Electronic Devices: The company's solutions apply speech interfaces to tasks that users perform everyday. These solutions are appropriate for multiple markets, including assistive, mobile and wireless, and business and home users. The Speech Products enable users to listen to documents, have email read aloud, access programs, and launch applications with speech commands. The primary distribution of its Speech Products for electronic devices is Apple through their iTunes AppStore for the iPhone 3G.
The Language Learning Market - e.Dictionaries: Fonix Speech solutions are particularly useful for non-English speakers who are learning the language. In the speech-enabled language learning market, the company has FonixTalk and Fonix DECTalks small memory footprint and high intelligibility; and Fonix VoiceIns high-recognition-rate capabilities. Fonix Speech has partnered with Epson and other chip manufacturers to provide an integrated solution, including Fonix speech technology. OEMs marketing e.Dictionary devices featuring Fonix technology include Casio, Casio Soft, Canon, Huapu, Seiko Instruments, Inventec Besta, AOne Pro, and Brilliant Systems.
Video Game Consoles
Fonix VoiceIn Game Edition is Fonix Speechs software solution for voice command and control in Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation2, PlayStation3, and PC video games.
Fonix Speech Video Game Solutions: Fonix Speechs voice command software is available for cross-platform game developers who wish to employ speech interfaces in videogames. Cross-platform game developers can use the same voice command software for PlayStation2, PlayStation3, PC games, and Apple 3G. Game developers worldwide can build games that utilize a common application program interface across Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation2, PlayStation3, Apple 3G, and PC platforms. Fonix VoiceIn voice command software is available to game developers in multiple languages, including English and the U.K. English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, and Italian.
Fonix Speech provides embedded speech interface solutions for mobile phones, Smartphones, PDAs, and wireles
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FONIX CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FONIX CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FONIX CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FONIX CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FONIX CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fonix Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fonix Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fonix Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fonix Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fonix Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. FONIX CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FONIX CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FONIX CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FONIX CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FONIX CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FONIX CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fonix Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fonix Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fonix Corp. Major Shareholders
Fonix Corp. History
Fonix Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fonix Corp. Offices and Representations
Fonix Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fonix Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fonix Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Fonix Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Fonix Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fonix Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fonix Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fonix Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Fonix Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Fonix Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fonix Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fonix Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?