- The report contains detailed information about Falconstor Software Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Falconstor Software Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Falconstor Software Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Falconstor Software Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Falconstor Software Inc. business.
About Falconstor Software Inc.
FalconStor Software, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of network storage software solutions. The company also provides related maintenance, implementation, and engineering services.
Products and Technology
The company's products and solutions are built on the IPStor common network infrastructure software platform that provides the disk-based data protection and storage virtualization solutions. Its data protection solutions accelerate or eliminate the backup window, which allows users to recover data in minutes with data integrity. It offers the following core products: Virtual Tape Library (VTL) with data deduplication for backup optimization, Continuous Data Protector (CDP), Network Storage Server (NSS), and File-interface Deduplication System (FDS).
The company's data protection solutions address the data protection business challenges, from the need to accelerate backup to the need to recover data after a disaster. It sells its solutions as standalone software, as software pre-installed on FalconStor-supplied hardware appliances, or as virtual appliances.
The company offers a range of data protection and storage virtualization solutions: Storage Virtualization, Provisioning, and Management FalconStor NSS; Tape Backup Optimization FalconStor VTL; Unified Backup and Disaster Recovery FalconStor CDP; and Storage Capacity Optimization FalconStor FDS.
The company provides data protection services at various levels from operating systems and application software, to files, databases, and messaging data, across the entire organization. Its solutions address the needs of small/medium businesses, large organizations, and global enterprises. The companys solutions offer high availability (HA) through RAID, synchronous and asynchronous mirroring, HA failover, and clustering technologies.
Network Storage Server (NSS)
FalconStor Network Storage Server (NSS) integrates storage virtualization and provisioning across multiple disk arrays and connection protocols for a scalable SAN solution. From a small iSCSI virtual server lab to an enterprise-class Fibre Channel SAN running Tier-1 database applications, FalconStor NSS is designed to meet the storage needs of any organization. By virtualizing storage on any disk array, FalconStor NSS provides the ability to pool and tier disk assets. This allows IT organizations to avoid over-provisioning of disk resources and to bring new servers and projects online. FalconStor NSS incorporates a set of application-aware data protection services, including real-time synchronous mirroring, volume snapshots and site-to-site WAN-optimized data replication, for disaster recovery.
In addition, FalconStor NSS enables and automates server-less backup processes. FalconStor backup server integration tools offload backup processes from the server to the FalconStor NSS repository, freeing up the application host server and eliminating the backup window. The FalconStor NSS Virtual Appliance enables server virtualization by converting internal or external server storage resources into shared storage resources to enable high availability options across virtual servers.
Virtual Tape Library (VTL)
FalconStor Virtual Tape Library (VTL) is a virtual tape solution. It improves backup operations without changing any backup processes or policies. FalconStor VTL also supports small and remote office environments through FalconStor VTL storage appliances and small footprint virtual appliances.
Continuous Data Protector (CDP)
FalconStor Continuous Data Protector (CDP) technology reinvents the way data backup and recovery are implemented and performed. Moving far beyond failure-prone once-a-day tape backup models, FalconStor CDP combines local and remote protection into a unified, disk-based solution that allows organizations to recover data back to the recent transaction. Combining application-aware snapshot agents and continuous journaling functions, FalconStor CDP enables customers to recover data to any point in time. The Recovery Point Objective (RPO) shrinks to mere seconds.
In addition, FalconStor CDP software delivers instant data av
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FALCONSTOR SOFTWARE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FALCONSTOR SOFTWARE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FALCONSTOR SOFTWARE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FALCONSTOR SOFTWARE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FALCONSTOR SOFTWARE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Falconstor Software Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Falconstor Software Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Falconstor Software Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Falconstor Software Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Falconstor Software Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FALCONSTOR SOFTWARE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FALCONSTOR SOFTWARE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FALCONSTOR SOFTWARE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FALCONSTOR SOFTWARE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FALCONSTOR SOFTWARE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FALCONSTOR SOFTWARE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Falconstor Software Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Falconstor Software Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Falconstor Software Inc. Major Shareholders
Falconstor Software Inc. History
Falconstor Software Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Falconstor Software Inc. Offices and Representations
Falconstor Software Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Falconstor Software Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Falconstor Software Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Falconstor Software Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Falconstor Software Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Falconstor Software Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Falconstor Software Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Falconstor Software Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Falconstor Software Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Falconstor Software Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Falconstor Software Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Falconstor Software Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?