- The report contains detailed information about FactSet Research Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for FactSet Research Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The FactSet Research Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes FactSet Research Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of FactSet Research Systems Inc. business.
About FactSet Research Systems Inc.
FactSet Research Systems Inc. provides financial and economic information, including fundamental financial data on companies worldwide.
The company supports the investment process from initial research to published results for buy and sell-side professionals. These professionals include portfolio managers, research and performance analysts, risk managers, marketing professionals, sell-side equity research professionals, investment bankers and fixed income professionals.
The companys applications provide users access to company analysis, multicompany comparisons, industry analysis, company screening, portfolio analysis, predictive risk measurements, alphatesting, portfolio optimization and simulation, real-time news, and quotes and tools to value and analyze fixed income securities and portfolios.
The platform is designed for the investment professional and consolidates data and analytics onto one comprehensive, intuitive interface. The new FactSet offers tools to analyze companies, view market data in real time, generate investment ideas, and manage portfolios. The platform can be customized to support a specific users workflow. The platform also provides access to a range of data, including prices, financials, earnings estimates, economic data, ownership, M&A, research reports, and news.
As of August 31, 2010, FactSet offers the following proprietary datasets that include the latest information available: fundamentals, estimates, ownership, corporate new issues, people, private equity and venture capital, mergers and acquisitions, corporate events and transcripts, fixed income, global filings, and benchmark data.
FactSet Fundamentals database is a financial database fully integrated into the new FactSet platform with coverage of approximately 63,000 companies from 70 countries and history back to 1980.
FactSet Fundamentals provides the user with annual and interim data, historical financial statement content, per share data, calculated ratios, pricing and textual information.
The release of the FactSet Fundamentals database extends FactSets services of providing clients a choice of content sets over the FactSet system and expands the selection of fundamental providers for clients.
FactSet Estimates and Research Connect
FactSet Estimates is a broker estimates database that provides users with insight into an industry.
FactSet Estimates covers approximately 24,500 companies with 600 contributors providing consensus-level estimates and statistics with daily updates and history.
FactSet Research Connect makes available full text research reports. These firms include investment banks and regional and independent research providers.
FactSet Corporate Events and Transcripts
FactSet Events and Transcripts provides transcripts for conference calls, and information regarding upcoming corporate events, such as conference call date and time, phone number and password, type of conference call, and important company investor relations contact information.
FactSet Ownership provides summary and detailed institutional, mutual fund, and insider/stakeholder share ownership data. Available information includes position, position change, market value, percent of portfolio and shares outstanding, source, metro region, state, style, and turnover.
Other Proprietary Content
The FactSet Corporate New Issues database covers firm commitment offers, including IPO and follow-on common stock offerings sourced from U.S. prospectuses. Summary-level information, including IPO and offer type, shares offered, offer price and date, and proceed information is available, along with detailed data involving the syndicate members names, roles, and shares.
The FactSet People database provides personal and professional information for individuals associated with public and private companies. Details include biographical, education, professional, and direct ownership information, along with management and board affiliations.
The FactSet Private Equity and Venture Capital database contains information on private equity and venture capital firms located across the world. It offers access firm and fund profiles, information about active and exited portfolio companies, funds under management, investment trends, industry, and geographic holdings.
FactSet Mergers provides information on publicly announced mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures involving both public and private companies. Obtain comprehensive transaction data such as deal terms, dates of announcement and closing, financial multiples, financial and legal advisors, fees, and industry analytics.
The FactSet Private Company database provides global private company intelligence and in-depth profiles, including hard-to-find details for companies.
The FactSet Fixed Income database contains current and historical pricing, ratings, and terms data for public debt issues for public and private companies.
FactSet Global Filings integrates global company filings from various sources, including EDGAR, SEDAR, FactSet Prospectus+, and Global Reports annual reports.
FactSet Benchmark provides constituent- and index-level data for a variety of equity and fixed income benchmarks, including details, such as price, shares, weight, market value, sector, industry, and maturity date.
The companys main competitors and competitive products include online database suppliers and integrators and their applications, such as Thomson Reuters Inc.; Bloomberg L.P.; Standard & Poors Financial Services LLC, including its Capital IQ product line (a subsidiary of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.); RiskMetrics Group, Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of MSCI Inc.); Dealogic PLC; Bond Edge (owned by Interactive Data Corporation); The Yield Book, Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Citigroup Capital Markets); Polypaths LLC; and Wilshire Associates Incorporated.
FactSet Research Systems Inc. was founded in 1978.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. FactSet Research Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of FactSet Research Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of FactSet Research Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. FactSet Research Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. FactSet Research Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
FactSet Research Systems Inc. History
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
FactSet Research Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
FactSet Research Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
FactSet Research Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
FactSet Research Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
FactSet Research Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
FactSet Research Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?