- The report contains detailed information about EPIQ Systems, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EPIQ Systems, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EPIQ Systems, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EPIQ Systems, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EPIQ Systems, Inc. business.
About EPIQ Systems, Inc.
Epiq Systems, Inc. provides integrated technology solutions for the legal profession. The companys solutions streamline the administration of bankruptcy, litigation, financial transactions, and regulatory compliance matters.
The company offers technology solutions for electronic discovery, document review, legal notification, claims administration and controlled disbursement of funds. Its clients include law firms, corporate legal departments, bankruptcy trustees, and professional advisors.
Electronic Discovery Segment
Electronic Discovery segment provides collections and forensics, processing, search and review, and document review services to companies and the litigation departments of law firms. The companys eDataMatrix software analyzes, filters, deduplicates, and produces documents for review. Produced documents are made available primarily through a hosted environment, and its DocuMatrix software allows for attorney review and data requests. The companys customers are typically corporations that use its products and services cooperatively with their legal counsel to manage the electronic discovery process for litigation and regulatory matters.
The companys electronic discovery business include consulting, forensics and collection service fees based on the number of hours a professional services team spends providing the requested services; fees related to the conversion of data into an organized, searchable electronic database; hosting fees based on the amount of data stored; and document review fees based on the number of hours spent reviewing documents, the number of pages reviewed, or the amount of data reviewed.
In 2009, the company also launched IQ Review, a combination of new intelligent technology and services, which incorporates new prioritization technology into DocuMatrix, its primary document management platform.
Bankruptcy is an integral part of the United States' economy. The Bankruptcy Segment provides solutions that address the needs of Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy trustees to administer bankruptcy proceedings and of debtor corporations that file a plan of reorganization.
The end-user customers of its bankruptcy business are debtor corporations that file a plan of reorganization and professional bankruptcy trustees. The bankruptcy trustee's primary responsibilities include liquidating the debtor's assets or collecting funds from the debtor, distributing the collected funds to creditors pursuant to the orders of the bankruptcy court, and preparing regular status reports for the Executive Office for United States Trustees and for the bankruptcy court. Trustees manage an entire caseload of bankruptcy cases simultaneously.
Settlement Administration Segment
The Settlement Administration Segment provides managed services, including legal notification, claims administration, project administration and controlled disbursement. The customers of its settlement administration segment are corporations that are administering the settlement or resolution of class action cases or administering projects. The company sells its services directly to those customers and other interested parties, including legal counsel, which often provide access to these customers.
Electronic Discovery: Competitors include Electronic Evidence Discovery, Inc., Fios, Inc., Kroll Ontrack (Marsh & McLennan Companies), Attenex (FTI Consulting, Inc.), Autonomy ZANTAZ, Inc., Stratify, Inc. (Iron Mountain Incorporated), and Clearwell Systems, Inc.
Bankruptcy: The companys primary competitors are Bankruptcy Management Solutions, Inc., Kurtzman Carson Consultants LLC, and The Garden City Group, Inc.
Settlement Administration: The company's competitors include The Garden City Group, Inc., Rust Consulting, Inc., and Gilardi & Co. LLC.
Epiq Systems, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EPIQ SYSTEMS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EPIQ SYSTEMS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EPIQ SYSTEMS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EPIQ SYSTEMS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EPIQ SYSTEMS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EPIQ Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EPIQ Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EPIQ Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EPIQ Systems, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EPIQ Systems, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EPIQ SYSTEMS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EPIQ SYSTEMS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EPIQ SYSTEMS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EPIQ SYSTEMS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EPIQ SYSTEMS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EPIQ SYSTEMS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Major Shareholders
EPIQ Systems, Inc. History
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Offices and Representations
EPIQ Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EPIQ Systems, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
EPIQ Systems, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
EPIQ Systems, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EPIQ Systems, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EPIQ Systems, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?