- The report contains detailed information about Electronic Arts Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Electronic Arts Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Electronic Arts Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Electronic Arts Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Electronic Arts Inc. business.
About Electronic Arts Inc.
Electronic Arts Inc. engages in the development, marketing, publishing, and distribution of video game software and content that can be played by consumers on various platforms.
The companys products for videogame consoles, PCs and handhelds are delivered on physical media (disks and cartridges) that are sold at retailers. The company also delivers game content and services online, directly to consumers, for the platforms.
The company operates development studios (which develop products and perform other related functions) worldwide: BioWare (Canada and United States), Bright Light (United Kingdom), Criterion (United Kingdom), DICE (Sweden), EA Canada, EA Los Angeles (United States), EA Montreal (Canada), EA Romania, Maxis (United States), Playfish (United States, the United Kingdom, China and Norway), EA Salt Lake City (United States), EA Seoul Studio (Korea), EA Singapore, EA Mythic (United States), Pogo (United States and China), The Sims Studio (United States), EA Tiburon (United States), and Visceral (United States).
The company is organized into three Labels (EA Games, EA SPORTS and EA Play), its EA Interactive organization (EA Mobile, Pogo and Playfish) and its Global Publishing Organization. Global Publishing operates in three regions North America, Europe and Asia and is responsible for various business functions such as: strategic planning, field marketing, sales, distribution, operations, product certification, quality assurance, motion capture, art outsourcing and localization with in the local markets in which the company operate.
EA Games Label
The EA Games portfolio is comprised primarily of wholly-owned properties and includes franchises, such as Need for Speed, Battlefield, Mass Effect and Dead Space. In addition, EA Games has launched new franchises, including Dantes Inferno and Dragon Age, and has additional titles in development. In addition to traditional packaged goods games, EA Games also develops massively-multiplayer online role-playing games which are state virtual worlds where thousands of other players can interact with one another (MMOs). EA Games titles are developed primarily at the following EA studios: BioWare (Edmonton, Canada, Austin, Texas, and Montreal, Canada), Criterion (Guildford, England), DICE (Stockholm, Sweden), EA Los Angeles, EA Montreal, Visceral (Redwood City, California), EA Mythic (Fairfax, Virginia), and EA Canada (Burnaby, Canada).
EA Games also includes the EA Partners group, which contracts with external game developers and third party companies, to provide these partners with various services including development assistance, publishing, and distribution of their games.
EA SPORTS Label
The EA SPORTS Label brings together a collection of sports-based video games marketed under the EA SPORTS brand. EA SPORTS games range from simulated sports titles with realistic graphics based on real-world sports leagues, players, events and venues to more casual games with arcade-style gameplay and graphics. The companys EA SPORTS franchises include FIFA Soccer, Madden NFL Football, Fight Night, NBA Live, NCAA Football, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, and NHL Hockey. EA SPORTS games are developed primarily at its EA Canada and its EA Tiburon studio located in Orlando, Florida.
EA Play Label
The EA Play Label is focused on creating games for a mass audience of core and non-core gamers alike. EA Play games are intended to be accessible for people of all ages, and to inspire fun and creativity. EA Play Label products include wholly-owned franchises such as The Sims, MySims, and Spore; and games published under licenses such as Harry Potter under license from Warner Bros., and video games based on Hasbro board games and toys. The companys EA Play Label oversees internal studios and development teams located in California, the United States, Utah, the United States, Montreal, Canada and Guildford, England, and works with third party developers.
EA Interactive reports into its Global Publishing Organization and is focused wholly on interactive games for play on the Internet and mobile devices. EA Interactive is comprised of EA Mobile, Pogo a
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Electronic Arts Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Electronic Arts Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Electronic Arts Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Electronic Arts Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Electronic Arts Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Electronic Arts Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Electronic Arts Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Electronic Arts Inc. Major Shareholders
Electronic Arts Inc. History
Electronic Arts Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Electronic Arts Inc. Offices and Representations
Electronic Arts Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Electronic Arts Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Electronic Arts Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Electronic Arts Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Electronic Arts Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Electronic Arts Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Electronic Arts Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Electronic Arts Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Electronic Arts Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Electronic Arts Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Electronic Arts Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Electronic Arts Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?