- The report contains detailed information about EDGAR Online Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EDGAR Online Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EDGAR Online Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EDGAR Online Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EDGAR Online Inc. business.
About EDGAR Online Inc.
EDGAR Online, Inc. creates and distributes financial data and public filings for equities, mutual funds, and various other publicly traded assets. The company utilizes proprietary automated data parsing, tagging, and processing systems that allow for conversion of unstructured data into structured financial data sets.
The company also creates tools and Web sites for viewing and analysis of this XBRL data. Its subscriptions and data feeds are sold directly to end-users, or are embedded in other Web sites sold and through various data redistributors. The company produces detailed data that assists in the analysis of the financial, business and ownership conditions of a company or investment vehicle. Consumers of its information products are financial, corporate, and advisory professionals who work in institutions such as investment funds, asset management firms, insurance companies and banks, stock exchanges and government agencies, as well as accounting firms, law firms, corporations or individual investors.
Products and Services
The company offers the following end-user subscription services across the Internet:
I-Metrix and I-Metrix Professional: The I-Metrix products (www.imetrix.edgar-online.com) are its end-user subscription service. I-Metrix delivers a Web only service while I-Metrix Professional allows a user to do in-depth analysis via the Web and a Microsoft Excel add-in. Both products are built on its XBRL fundamental database, including historical and information for approximately 12,000 companies. This product family delivers fundamental data, such as income statements, balance sheets and statements of cash flow, as well as earnings estimates, standard financial ratios, insider transactions and institutional ownership.
EDGAR Pro and EDGAR Access
EDGAR Pro (www.pro.edgar-online.com) offers financial data, stock ownership, public offering data sets and advanced search tools. EDGAR Pro is available via multi-seat and enterprise-wide contracts, and may also include add-on services, such as global annual reports and conference call transcripts. Sales leads are primarily provided from the traffic to its subscription Web sites from Yahoo! Finance and NASDAQ.com, and from the migration of users from EDGAR Access.
EDGAR Access (www.access.edgar-online.com), its retail product, and is available via single-seat, credit card purchase only.
Data and Solutions
EDGAR Online produces a specialized line of data feeds, products and solutions based on content sets that the company has extracted from SEC filings and data that the company receives from stock exchanges, regulators, and other financial data providers. The company creates standard data products and customized data solutions for specific customers.
The companys data products include full access to SEC filings in multiple formats, standardized and as-reported fundamental financial data, annual and quarterly financial statements, insider trades, institutional holdings, initial and secondary public offerings, Form 8-K disclosures, electronic prospectuses, and other investment instrument disclosure information. Each of these independent content sets represents a set of discrete facts that can be delivered in various ways based on customer needs. The companys data solutions include the customization of its data products, the conversion of data from unstructured content into multiple formats including XML, XBRL and PDF, the storage and delivery of data and custom feeds and tools to access the information. The company uses a network of custom data parsers, integrity checks and auditing tools to ensure a level of data quality and completeness.
Both its data products and solutions consist of digital data feeds transmitted through hosted Web pages and multiple application programming interfaces, including file transfer protocol (FTP), Web services, data files, RSS feeds, and customized request response mechanisms. This allows its customers to replicate a feature or functionality of its service inside that customers intranet, extranet, and other proprietary products or applications. Customers such as ThomsonReuters, LexisNexis
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EDGAR ONLINE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EDGAR ONLINE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EDGAR ONLINE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EDGAR ONLINE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EDGAR ONLINE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EDGAR Online Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EDGAR Online Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EDGAR Online Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EDGAR Online Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EDGAR Online Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EDGAR ONLINE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EDGAR ONLINE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EDGAR ONLINE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EDGAR ONLINE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EDGAR ONLINE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EDGAR ONLINE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EDGAR Online Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EDGAR Online Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EDGAR Online Inc. Major Shareholders
EDGAR Online Inc. History
EDGAR Online Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EDGAR Online Inc. Offices and Representations
EDGAR Online Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EDGAR Online Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EDGAR Online Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
EDGAR Online Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
EDGAR Online Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EDGAR Online Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EDGAR Online Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EDGAR Online Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
EDGAR Online Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
EDGAR Online Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EDGAR Online Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EDGAR Online Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?