- The report contains detailed information about DST Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DST Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DST Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DST Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DST Systems Inc. business.
About DST Systems Inc.
DST Systems, Inc. provides information processing and computer software services and products to the financial services industry (primarily mutual funds, broker/dealers and investment managers), telecommunications, video and utilities industries, the healthcare industry, and other service industries.
The company's operating segments include Financial Services; Output Solutions; and Investments and Other.
FINANCIAL SERVICES SEGMENT
The Financial Services Segment provides information processing and computer software services and products using proprietary software systems primarily to mutual funds, investment managers, insurance companies, healthcare providers, banks, brokers, financial planners, healthcare payers, real estate partnerships, third party administrators, and medical practice groups. The company's proprietary software systems include mutual fund shareowner, subaccount and unit trust recordkeeping systems for U.S. and international mutual fund companies; a defined-contribution participant recordkeeping system for the U.S. retirement plan market; investment management systems offered to U.S. and international investment managers and fund accountants; a business process management and customer contact system offered to mutual funds, insurance companies, brokerage firms, banks, healthcare payers, healthcare providers, cable television operators and mortgage servicing organizations; healthcare claims administration processing systems and services offered to providers of healthcare plans, third party administrators and medical practice groups; pharmacy claims processing systems offered to healthcare plans, insurance companies, third party administrators and pharmacy benefit managers; and an electronic file system offered to mutual fund companies, insurance companies and professional service (legal, accounting and others) firms.
U.S. Investment Recordkeeping Solutions
The company's U.S. Investment Recordkeeping Solutions comprises the following four product offerings: shareowner recordkeeping; broker subaccounting; retirement plan & participant recordkeeping; and distribution support solutions.
The shareowner recordkeeping systems and services support open and closed-end mutual funds, Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), and various forms of tax advantaged savings vehicles. Included in tax-advantaged accounts are individual retirement accounts (IRAs), and educational savings plan accounts, which encompass both Coverdell and Section 529 college savings plan accounts.
The company's clients who utilize the shareowner recordkeeping platform are open-end mutual fund companies, which obtain funds for investment by making a continuous offering of their shares. The proprietary system application for shareowner recordkeeping is TA2000. TA2000 performs functions, including processing purchases, redemptions, exchanges and transfers of shares; maintaining shareowner identification and share ownership records; reconciling cash and share activity; calculating and disbursing commissions to brokers and other distributors; processing dividends; reporting sales; and providing information for printing of shareowner trade confirmations, statements, and year-end tax forms. The system processes multiple classes of equity, fixed income, and money market funds. As of December 31, 2009, the company provided shareowner recordkeeping services for approximately 121.1 million shareowner accounts; and a subset of the registered accounts (46.3 million) were tax advantaged. DST serviced 26.8 million IRAs invested in mutual funds and 10.0 million accounts in an assortment of retirement accounts (SAR-SEP, Keogh and SIMPLEs). In addition, DST supported 9.5 million educational savings accounts, of which 8.7 million are Section 529 plan accounts.
The company provides mutual fund shareowner recordkeeping services to brokerage firms who perform subaccounting for mutual fund accounts that have been sold by the broker/dealer's financial advisors. It offers subaccounting services to broker/dealers on both a remote (ASP) and full service (BPO) basis. A broker/dealer pro
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DST SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DST SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DST SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DST SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DST SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DST Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DST Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DST Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DST Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DST Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DST SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DST SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DST SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DST SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DST SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DST SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DST Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DST Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DST Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
DST Systems Inc. History
DST Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DST Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
DST Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DST Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DST Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
DST Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
DST Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DST Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DST Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DST Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
DST Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
DST Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DST Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DST Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?