- The report contains detailed information about Diversinet Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Diversinet Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Diversinet Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Diversinet Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Diversinet Corp. business.
About Diversinet Corp.
Diversinet Corp. provides wireless authentication and access solutions that secure the personal identity, transactions and data of consumers over mobile phones and handheld devices.
Products and Services
The company develops, markets, and distributes a product and service suite. Diversinet MobiSecure product line provides a security solution with a focus on mobile applications residing on Palm, RIM, Symbian, Microsoft and Java-based operating systems; mobile browser-based devices; and GSM/SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) based devices in addition to conventional PCs. The companys products and services are designed to address the needs of mobile devices, networks and applications. When integrated with specific applications, such as AllOne Mobile, an application focused on the heath care industry, its products enable mobile users to manage communications and transactions across mobile data networks.
Diversinets MobiSecure Wallet and Vault
MobiSecure Wallet gives a user instant secure access to personal identity and privilege information, such as user identities, payment access information, or loyalty information. The client-side MobiSecure Wallet is delivered and embedded into a mobile phone or personal computer. MobiSecure Vault gives secure and instant access to large files of stored personal information that can be located anywhere, such as personal health records, insurance information, personal financial records, or banking and brokerage information. This personal information can be accessed in real time, over wireless or Internet networks. The server-side MobiSecure Vault operates in concert with the client-side MobiSecure Wallet for data delivery to mobile phones or other personal devices.
Diversinet MobiSecure Client
The MobiSecure Client is a mobile device resident software tool designed to support applications running on the mobile or fixed device with an accessible security service package. The MobiSecure Client package contains various initial applications. These include a user One-Time Password (OTP) application, as well as appropriate One-Time Password browser plug-ins to allow One-Time Passwords to be generated automatically during browser sessions.
Diversinet MobiSecure Strong Authentication Server
The Diversinet MobiSecure Strong Authentication server product would operate as a customer facilities hosted application server. MobiSecure Strong Authentication server provides the basis for both supporting the provisioning of the Mobile Secure Client and the delivery of an SMS two-factor authentication service as well as validating the generated token values to permit access to corporate or secure facilities.
Diversinet MobiSecure SDK
The Diversinet MobiSecure toolkits include a Software Development Kit (SDK) for SoftTokens and Software Development Kit for MobiSecure Provisioning Server integration. The Software Development Kit for SoftTokens is available in both C and Java languages for Windows desktops, and multiple mobile phone platforms such as Palm OS, Symbian, J2ME (Java phones), Blackberry, MS Windows Mobile for Pocket PC, MS Windows Mobile for Smartphone and BREW. The SoftToken SDK supports OATH HOTP algorithm; credential storage on mobile devices using a patent-pending technique; and credential provisioning using a mobile optimized and secure credential provisioning protocol.
The SDK for MobiSecure Provisioning Server is available in Java language for Windows and Linux based platforms. The SDK supports OASIS SPML v1.0 protocol. The SDK allows MobiSecure Provisioning Server clients to order SoftTokens and manage the life-cycle of Tokens.
Diversinet Mobile PKI
The Diversinet MobiSecure PKI software on mobile devices takes users through the entire PKI process, from registration to using secure applications. The company provides a set of commands to communicate with the Certificate Server and Registration Authority and generate digital signatures and secure information on the mobile device. PKI communication technologies make use of limited bandwidth on most wireless networks.
The company competes with Sybase, mFoundry, Clairmail, WellDoc, CellTrustBewell Mobile, Entrust Technologies, Certicom, Verisign, Vasco, and EMC Corp. (RSA Division).
Diversinet Corp. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DIVERSINET CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DIVERSINET CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DIVERSINET CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DIVERSINET CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DIVERSINET CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Diversinet Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Diversinet Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Diversinet Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Diversinet Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Diversinet Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. DIVERSINET CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DIVERSINET CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DIVERSINET CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DIVERSINET CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DIVERSINET CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DIVERSINET CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Diversinet Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Diversinet Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Diversinet Corp. Major Shareholders
Diversinet Corp. History
Diversinet Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Diversinet Corp. Offices and Representations
Diversinet Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Diversinet Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Diversinet Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Diversinet Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Diversinet Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Diversinet Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Diversinet Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Diversinet Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Diversinet Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Diversinet Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Diversinet Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Diversinet Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?