- The report contains detailed information about Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Decisionpoint Systems, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. business.
About Decisionpoint Systems, Inc.
DecisionPoint Systems, Inc. operates as a data collection systems integrator. The company sells and installs mobile devices, software, and related bar coding equipment, radio frequency identification systems (RFID) technology. It also provides professional services and software customization solutions.
The companys business designs, sells, installs and services voice and data communications products and systems for private networks and wireless broadband systems to a range of enterprise markets, including retail, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, wholesale and distribution, as well as other commercial customers.
The companys solution consists of a combination of specialized mobile computers; a wireless network infrastructure (or the use of a national wireless carrier); specialized mobile application software; integration software to its customers existing enterprise systems; and a range of professional services needed to make it all work.
Products and Services
The company deploys mobile applications for various business processes, depending on the industry. Some of the applications by industry include retail store, such as stock locator, shelf price marking, markdowns, inventory control, physical inventory, merchandising, customer service and mobile point-of-sale (POS); warehousing and distribution, such as order shipping, order picking and packing, stock move and replenishments, product receipt and putaway, labeling, physical inventory and cycle counts; manufacturing, such as production count, work-in-process tracking, raw material consumption, quality control and assurance, lot/batch/serial number control and scrap reporting; transportation and logistics, such as proof-of-delivery, turn-by-turn directions, route optimization, cross-docking, returns and driver logging; and field mobility, such as field service and repair, enterprise asset management, inspection, preventative maintenance, surveys, rounds and readings.
The company utilizes various avenues to provide the mobile software solutions to meet its customers needs depending on their situation and requirements.
The companys professional services offerings fall into one of three categories: business consulting, technical consulting and technical development. Technical consulting services help determine the technology to be used and how it is to be implemented. Technical development includes actual software programming and configuration of the mobile application itself as well as interface software needed to connect to its customers existing back-office systems.
Rollout, Support and Management Services
These services involve installing a solution into the customers computer systems infrastructure (implementation) and then replicating that implementation out to all their operating locations (rollout).
The company offers a range of services in this category. They include everything from assembling kits of everything needed for the system on a per location basis (kitting) to providing logistical services for rollout (staging), to advanced exchange services for broken units in the field, to help desk support and to a self-service portal where a customer can check the status of a service case or equipment repair.
The company offers various types of enterprise wireless and mobile computing hardware, including handheld and vehicle-mounted, ruggedized mobile computers; 802.11 a/b/g wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) infrastructure; mesh networking wireless infrastructure, such as the Motorola Canopy product line; RFID tag readers and related infrastructure; GPS receivers; two-way radios; Handheld bar code scanners; and bar code label and RFID tag printers and encoders.
The company offers a line of labels, RFID tags, and printer ribbons to meet the demands of every printing system. It selects the components from a range of products on the market from both independent and OEM manufacturers of printers and RFID printers/encoders.
The company partners with other equipment and software suppliers, such as Zebra Technologies Corporation (Zebra), Datamax - ONeil (ONeil) a unit of the Dover Corporation, in addition to a host of specialized independent software vendors (ISV) such as AirVersent, Inc., Antenna Software, GlobalBay Mobile Technologies, Inc., Mobileframe LLC, Syclo LLC, and Wavelink Corporation.
The companys customers include retailers in various categories and sizes, including Liz Claiborne, Inc., PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc., Nike, Inc., Nordstrom, Inc., and Grocery Outlet (Canned Foods, Inc.); manufacturing companies, such as Dade Behring (Division of Siemens), Sargent Manufacturing Co. (Division of ASSA Abloy), Timken Corp., Swiss Army Brands, Smith & Wesson and pharmaceutical companies, such as Pfizer, Inc. and Celgene Corp.; and transportation, warehousing and distribution, including logistics companies, such as Golden State Overnight Delivery Service, Inc. and Frontier Logistics LP.
The company is working with customers, such as Wackenhut for security services for their patrol officers, Scientific Games Corp., for their field service technicians, and Mobile Mini, Inc., a provider of mobile temporary storage facilities.
The companys competitors include Agilysys, Inc.; International Business Machines Corp.; Peak Technologies, Inc.; Catalyst International, Inc.; Stratix, Inc.; Miles Technologies Inc.; Acsis, Inc.; InfoLogix, Inc.; Barcoding, Inc.; and CMAC, Inc.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DECISIONPOINT SYSTEMS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DECISIONPOINT SYSTEMS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DECISIONPOINT SYSTEMS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DECISIONPOINT SYSTEMS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DECISIONPOINT SYSTEMS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DECISIONPOINT SYSTEMS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DECISIONPOINT SYSTEMS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DECISIONPOINT SYSTEMS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DECISIONPOINT SYSTEMS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DECISIONPOINT SYSTEMS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DECISIONPOINT SYSTEMS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Major Shareholders
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. History
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Offices and Representations
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Decisionpoint Systems, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?