- The report contains detailed information about Dassault Systemes SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dassault Systemes SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dassault Systemes SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dassault Systemes SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dassault Systemes SA business.
About Dassault Systemes SA
Dassault Systemes SA provides 3D and product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions.
The company offers SolidWorks products for 3D mechanical design solutions, simulation, product data management, and design communication and collaboration; CATIA for integrated style and shape design, mechanical design, systems engineering, and equipment design; and SIMULIA for realistic simulation, engineering, virtual prototypes, design exploration and optimization technology, and simulation lifecycle management applications.
The company also provides DELMIA, a digital manufacturing solution to enables manufacturers to define, plan, create, monitor, and control production processes in a virtual environment before actual production takes place; ENOVIA, a product data management suite that includes virtual PLM, collaborative business process, and product data management modules; and 3DVIA, a solution to create and distribute 3D lifelike experiences.
In addition, the company offers consulting services in methodology for design, deployment and support, training, and engineering services. Its software applications are used in automotive, aerospace, industrial equipment, consumer goods, consumer packaged goods, energy, high-tech, shipbuilding, life sciences, construction, and business service sectors. The company offers its products through direct sales forces, and a network of value-added resellers and distributors.
The company has operations in France, the United States, Germany, Italy, Spain, India, Israel, Japan, Canada, Sweden, the United Kingdom, China, and the Russian Federation.
On June 22, 2009, Dassault Systemes SA and blueKiwi Software SA announced a strategic alliance. As part of the agreement, blueKiwi Software would benefit from Dassault Systemes' technology and wordwide presence. Dassault Systemes has also taken a minority stake in blueKiwi Software.
T-Systems do Brasil Ltda. has formed a partnership with the company. Under the terms of the agreement, the companies would work to develop product lifecycle management software, including solutions designed to generate new projects, provide digital models and help run factory production. The companies intend to target the automobile industry with the software.
In November 2009, Dassault Systemes SA announced that it is subcontracting the development and support of its ENOVIA SmarTeam V5 technology to artizone, an independent technology company. artizone would develop and support ENOVIA SmarTeam technology under an exclusive contract with Dassault Systemes.
In November 2009, the company and International Business Machines Corp. have teamed up with Panasonic's Home Appliances Company and its Kitchen Appliance Business Unit (BU) to support the development of home appliances and accelerate the introduction of induced heating (IH) appliances, such as flat cooktops, into the Japanese market.
In March 2010, Dassault Systemes SA announced that BMW Group and DS have signed a strategic 5-year global agreement to pave the way to meet the automotive market's new challenges.
In March 2010, BMW Group and Dassault Systemes SA have signed a strategic 5-year global agreement to pave the way to meet the automotive market's new challenges. Through the agreement, the companies would establish a link between their research & development centers.
In May 2010, Dassault Systemes SA and International Business Machines Corp. have expanded their long-standing partnership and Global Alliance. The expansion announced at IBM's IMPACT 2010 event, includes the early deliverables of the Global Alliance, including financing solutions from IBM Global Financing, a joint competency centre and workon a PLM cloud computing proof of concept.
On July 13, 2010, Dassault Systemes announced that EskoArtwork has joined the DS Software Community Program. The two companies have engaged with Procter & Gamble to help develop a new artwork and packaging solution to optimize and simplify their artwork and packaging process.
In October 2010, Dassault Systemes SA announced cooperation with European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company, EADS N.V. in the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) domain, supporting the recent EADS initiative called Phenix PLM Harmonization Center (PHC).
On December 09, 2010, Dassault Systemes SA and Thales announced the signing of a system integration alliance. Under this strategic partnership, Dassault Systemes and Thales would jointly invest in developing, deploying, and supporting innovative PLM environments to customers in the aerospace and defense, utilities, ground transportation, and public sector industries, initially focusing on France. This partnership focuses on delivering solutions based on Dassault Systemes's V6 PLM platform.
In December 2010, The Centre of Excellence for Applied Research & Training (CERT) partnered with Dassault Systèmes to boost the UAE's burgeoning digital-based economy by developing cutting edge engineering programs based on PLM solutions. Under the agreement Dassault Systèmes would provide technical assistance to HCT to develop and operate a outreach education program designed to maintain the intake of UAE nationals in HCT's technical disciplines.
Dassault Systemes SA was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DASSAULT SYSTEMES SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DASSAULT SYSTEMES SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DASSAULT SYSTEMES SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DASSAULT SYSTEMES SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DASSAULT SYSTEMES SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dassault Systemes SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dassault Systemes SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dassault Systemes SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dassault Systemes SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dassault Systemes SA Industry Position Analysis
6. DASSAULT SYSTEMES SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DASSAULT SYSTEMES SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DASSAULT SYSTEMES SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DASSAULT SYSTEMES SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DASSAULT SYSTEMES SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DASSAULT SYSTEMES SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dassault Systemes SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dassault Systemes SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dassault Systemes SA Major Shareholders
Dassault Systemes SA History
Dassault Systemes SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dassault Systemes SA Offices and Representations
Dassault Systemes SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dassault Systemes SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dassault Systemes SA Capital Market Snapshot
Dassault Systemes SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Dassault Systemes SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dassault Systemes SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dassault Systemes SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dassault Systemes SA 1-year Stock Charts
Dassault Systemes SA 5-year Stock Charts
Dassault Systemes SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dassault Systemes SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dassault Systemes SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?