- The report contains detailed information about Compuware Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Compuware Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Compuware Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Compuware Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Compuware Corporation business.
About Compuware Corporation
Compuware Corporation develops, markets, and supports systems software products designed to improve the performance of information technology (IT) organizations.
The companys software products consist of four major families: Mainframe, Vantage, Changepoint and Uniface, all of which are primarily intended for use by IT organizations and IT service providers. In addition, the company offers a range of professional services, application services and, through the acquisition of Gomez, Inc. in November 2009, web application performance management services.
The companys products and services are offered worldwide across a spectrum of technologies, including mainframe, distributed, and Internet platforms.
Mainframe Software Products
The companys mainframe software products (mainframe products) focus on improving the productivity of development, maintenance and support teams in application analysis, testing, defect detection and remediation, fault management, file and data management and application service management in the IBM OS/390 and z/Series environments.
The companys mainframe products are grouped into five product lines: File-AID, Xpediter, Hiperstation, Abend-AID and Strobe. These products help IT organizations to develop, deliver and manage applications in the IBM mainframe (z/Series) environment.
FILE-AID: File-AID products provide a consistent, familiar and secure method for IT professionals to access, analyze, edit, compare, move and transform data across all strategic environments. File-AID products are used to resolve production data problems and manage ongoing changes to data and databases at any stage of the application life cycle, including building test data environments to provide the right data in the shortest time. The File-AID product family can also be used to address data privacy requirements in preproduction test environments.
Xpediter: Xpediter interactive debugging products help developers integrate enterprise applications, build new applications and modernize and extend their legacy applications, satisfying corporate security requirements. Xpediter products deliver powerful analysis and testing capabilities across multiple environments.
Hiperstation: Hiperstation products deliver preproduction testing functionality for automating test creation and execution, test results analysis and documentation. Hiperstation also provides application auditing capabilities to address regulatory compliance and other business requirements. The products simulate the on-line systems environment, allowing programmers to test applications under production conditions without requiring actual users at terminals. The products' functions and features enhance unit, concurrency, integration, migration, capacity and stress testing. When deployed in production, Hiperstation products allow scalable logging of application transactions and provide audit reporting to aid in problem resolution and to support other uses of the captured transaction information such as analysis of security breaches.
Abend-AID: Abend-AID products enable IT professionals to diagnose and resolve application and system failures. The products automatically collect program and environmental information, analyze the information and present diagnostic and supporting data in a way that can be understood by all levels of IT staff. Automated failure notification helps speed problem resolution and reduces downtime.
Strobe: Strobe and iStrobe products work together to help customers locate and eliminate sources of excessive resource demands during every phase of an application's life cycle. Strobe products measure the activity of z/OS-based online and batch applications, providing reports on where and how time is spent during execution. Strobe products support various subsystems, databases and languages. These products can be applied via a systematic program to reduce the consumption of mainframe resources and reduce associated costs and/or make resources available for additional business workloads.
Distributed Software Products
The companys distributed software products (distributed products) focus on maximizing the performa
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMPUWARE CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMPUWARE CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMPUWARE CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMPUWARE CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMPUWARE CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Compuware Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Compuware Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Compuware Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Compuware Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Compuware Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. COMPUWARE CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMPUWARE CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMPUWARE CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMPUWARE CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMPUWARE CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMPUWARE CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Compuware Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Compuware Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Compuware Corporation Major Shareholders
Compuware Corporation History
Compuware Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Compuware Corporation Offices and Representations
Compuware Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Compuware Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Compuware Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Compuware Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Compuware Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Compuware Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Compuware Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Compuware Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Compuware Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Compuware Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Compuware Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Compuware Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?