- The report contains detailed information about Commtouch Software Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Commtouch Software Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Commtouch Software Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Commtouch Software Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Commtouch Software Ltd. business.
About Commtouch Software Ltd.
Commtouch Software Ltd. develops and provides messaging and Web security solutions to OEM partners and enterprises. The company's business is to develop and sell, through a variety of third party distribution channels, these solutions to various customers. The company's messaging solutions are comprised of anti-spam, Zero-Hour anti-virus and GlobalView Mail Reputation solutions, and its Web security solution is known as GlobalView URL filtering.
The company offers a Software Development Kit or SDK comprised of multiple components, which is built on proprietary Recurrent Pattern Detection technology; each different component enables third-party vendors to integrate a company offering. Two components, known as ctasd and ctengine, represent alternative methods of enabling third-party vendors to integrate the Commtouch anti-spam solution into their existing offerings. Both ctengine and ctasd provide these manufacturers or service providers with full spam identification and spam classification services from the Commtouch Detection Centers.
The SDK communicates fully with a remote Detection Center, receiving results to queries about suspicious messages and acting according to set policies on the customer side. These same two components also enable integration of the companys Zero-Hour virus outbreak protection. This solution provides customers with the ability to block malevolent software (or as known in the industry malware), including email borne viruses, in real time, at the moment the initial attack occurs.
A third component of the SDK, known as ctipd, enables integration of the companys GlobalView Mail Reputation Service. This service is integrated into a device that sits at the perimeter of the organization, deciding which email traffic to allow to enter the organization, and which to block. It accomplishes this by receiving classification data from a Commtouch Detection Center about the sender of each email message.
Products that may benefit from integration of the SDK solution include anti-virus applications; content filtering solutions; firewall systems; security servers; and other network appliances.
Commtouch has also developed plug-ins, milters and a connector to enable hosting and service providers to access these Commtouch services in connection with their existing messaging products. Commtouchs support of the hosting and service provider industry encompasses a range of third party technologies: integration with Parallels Plesk, H-Sphere and cPanel; plug-ins for common open source email filtering packages such as SpamAssassin; a connector for Microsoft Exchange; and a Milter for Sendmail and Postfix.
The company also offers an enterprise anti-spam and Zero-Hour virus outbreak detection solution, consisting of both a software element, or the Enterprise Gateway, and a service component, or a Commtouch Detection Center, which is sold through reseller channels. At the Enterprise Gateway, messages are filtered at the customer organizations entry point, before being distributed to recipients, with added user-level controls and a level of secure spam and virus detection services from the Detection Center, all allowing for real-time reaction to worldwide attacks.
The company also offers Globalview URL filtering solution a Web security solution representing the companys foray into a non-email centric market. The services associated with this solution analyze and categorize for customers of OEM partners the Web site being accessed by such customers, mainly in order to prevent the possibility of malware attacks being propogated by malicious URLs, access to non-business related websites by employees, and access by children to inappropriate Web sites.
The company competes with Symantec (Brightmail), TrendMicro, McAfee, and Cisco (IronPort). Its direct competitors include Cloudmark, Mailshell and Mail-Filters.
Commtouch Software Ltd. was incorporated in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMMTOUCH SOFTWARE LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMMTOUCH SOFTWARE LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMMTOUCH SOFTWARE LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMMTOUCH SOFTWARE LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMMTOUCH SOFTWARE LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Commtouch Software Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Commtouch Software Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Commtouch Software Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Commtouch Software Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Commtouch Software Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. COMMTOUCH SOFTWARE LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMMTOUCH SOFTWARE LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMMTOUCH SOFTWARE LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ISRAEL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMMTOUCH SOFTWARE LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMMTOUCH SOFTWARE LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMMTOUCH SOFTWARE LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Commtouch Software Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Commtouch Software Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Commtouch Software Ltd. Major Shareholders
Commtouch Software Ltd. History
Commtouch Software Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Commtouch Software Ltd. Offices and Representations
Commtouch Software Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Commtouch Software Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Commtouch Software Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Commtouch Software Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Commtouch Software Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Commtouch Software Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Commtouch Software Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Commtouch Software Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Commtouch Software Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Commtouch Software Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Commtouch Software Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Commtouch Software Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?