- The report contains detailed information about Collexis Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Collexis Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Collexis Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Collexis Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Collexis Holdings Inc. business.
About Collexis Holdings Inc.
Collexis Holdings, Inc. operates as a global software development company. The company develops software that supports the building tools to search and mine information. Its software enables search, aggregation, navigation and discovery of information.
The company, using public, as well as proprietary thesauri of industry specific language, creates fingerprints of texts, such as articles, Web pages, books and internal and external databases that can be used in turn to find the relevant information for a researcher, analyst or business professional.
The company licenses its software and content, provides services to the users of its software, maintains and supports its software, sells related hardware, and hosts software on an application service provider basis.
The company operates subsidiaries that support its technology sales in the government, enterprise and life science markets. In October 2007, the company acquired SyynX Solutions GmbH, which expanded its application solutions in health sciences. In February 2008, the company acquired Lawriter LLC, which provides online legal research services to lawyers in the United States primarily through state bar associations. In addition, the company offers pre-populated professional social network for life science researchers, www.biomedexperts.com.
In the United States, the company has licensed its software to the National Institutes of Health for work in connection with its analysis of grant applications. In Europe, it has entered into similar arrangements with the World Health Organization, Wellcomes Trust, the Royal Dutch Academy of Arts and Science, and the University of Rotterdam.
The company has entered into a licensing and publishing agreement with VersusLaw, Inc., under which it acquired a perpetual, transferable license to use VersusLaws legal-related collection of judicial opinions.
Sales and Distribution
The company has sales representation, either through sales representatives or through indirect partners, in the United States, Europe, South America, and in the Asian-Pacific region. It has primary operations in Cincinnati, Ohio; Geldermalsen, the Netherlands; and Cologne, Germany.
Markets and Customers
The company focuses on three key markets: life sciences (university and medical research, healthcare, biopharma); government (defense and intelligence, and enterprise business intelligence); and legal (specifically the U.S. legal market). Its major customer includes the National Institutes of Health. It also has relationships and engagements with Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins University, the University of South Carolina, Asklepios Hospitals and Wellcomes Trust.
The company's competitors include Google; Yahoo; FAST search; Autonomy; and Convera. It also identifies competition from Reed LexisNexis and Westlaw.
Collexis Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COLLEXIS HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COLLEXIS HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COLLEXIS HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COLLEXIS HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COLLEXIS HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Collexis Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Collexis Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Collexis Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Collexis Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Collexis Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COLLEXIS HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COLLEXIS HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COLLEXIS HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COLLEXIS HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COLLEXIS HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COLLEXIS HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Collexis Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Collexis Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Collexis Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Collexis Holdings Inc. History
Collexis Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Collexis Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Collexis Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Collexis Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Collexis Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Collexis Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Collexis Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Collexis Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Collexis Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Collexis Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Collexis Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Collexis Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Collexis Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Collexis Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?