- The report contains detailed information about Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. business.
About Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
Check Point Software Technologies, Ltd. engages in the development, marketing, and support of software and combined hardware and software products and services for information technology (IT) security. The company offers its customers a portfolio of network and gateway security solutions, data and endpoint security solutions and management solutions.
The companys solutions operate under a unified security architecture that enables total security with a single line of unified security gateways and allows a single agent for endpoint security, which can be managed by a single unified management console. Its products and services are sold to enterprises, service providers, small- and medium-sized businesses and consumers. Its products are sold, integrated and serviced by a network of partners worldwide.
In April 2009, the company completed the acquisition of the security appliance business from Nokia pursuant to the terms of an Asset Purchase Agreement. In November 2009, the company acquired the application database of Facetime Communications.
Network security gateway software blades and appliances
The company's network security gateways allows customers to implement their security policies on network traffic between internal networks and the Internet, as well as between internal networks and private networks that are shared with partners. These gateways are available as either appliances or software solutions, providing customers with a range of deployment options. The company's security gateway product line includes the following offerings to secure traffic and optimize performance:
Firewall software blade: It inspects traffic as it passes through security gateways, classifying it based on various criteria, such as source and destination of connection, protocol, services, and application used. This provides a means to allow, block and log each connection based on the enterprises security policy.
Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) software blade: It monitors the network for malicious or unwanted traffic and is designed to be able to detect and block known and unknown attacks on the network or system.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) software blade: It provides the means to enable private communication over a network by encrypting traffic between various sub-networks (site-to-site) or individual computers (such as laptops and other mobile devices) and the enterprise network.
Antivirus and Anti-Malware software blade: It stops viruses and other malware at the gateway before they affect users. Enables screening of specific application protocols, such as Web traffic to allow/block access to specific Web addresses based on their content. It also includes screening for viruses to detect downloads of malicious applications.
Anti-Spam and Email Security software blade: It provides protection for an enterprises messaging infrastructure. A multi-dimensional approach protects the email infrastructure, provides spam protection, and defends organizations from various virus and malware threats delivered within email. Continual updates though a Check Point software update service help to intercept threats before they spread.
Web Security software blade: It protects users and enterprises by restricting access to various potentially dangerous sites and content, blocking inappropriate Web surfing to approximately 20 million URLs. Content profiles are updated continually through a Check Point software update service.
Acceleration & Clustering software blade: It delivers a set of patented security acceleration technologies, SecureXL and ClusterXL, that work together to optimize performance and increase security.
Advanced Networking software blade: It adds dynamic routing, multicast support, and Quality of Service (QOS) to security gateways.
Power-1 Appliances: It enables enterprises to increase security in high-performance environments, such as large campuses or data centers. The company's appliances include: Firewall, IPsec VPN, IPS, Acceleration and Clustering, and Advanced Networking.
IP Appliances: Check Point IP Appliances, formerly Nokia IP
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ISRAEL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Major Shareholders
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. History
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Offices and Representations
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?