- The report contains detailed information about Bitstream Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bitstream Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bitstream Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bitstream Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bitstream Inc. business.
About Bitstream Inc.
Bitstream Inc., a software development company, develops software products to various markets.
Products and Markets
The company categorizes its products and technologies into three product lines, including mobile browsing technology, fonts and font technology, and variable data, Web-to-print publishing, and multi-channel communications technology.
MOBILE BROWSING TECHNOLOGY
The BOLT product line includes BOLT Browser, a WebKit based browser for mobile phones of all types; BOLT Lite, a reduced footprint version of BOLT Browser designed for lower end phones with certain features removed; and BOLT Library SDK, a software developers kit that enables third party applications or software developers to display Web pages within their applications.
FONTS AND FONT TECHNOLOGY
The companys fonts and font technologies are designed to support existing and new technological and typographic standards, such as OpenType, TrueType, and PostScript Type 1, as well as Unicode and native encodings. Its technologies are designed to be embedded within full-featured products produced by OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and ISVs (independent software vendors). Its products are also designed to function in multi-platform computing environments, including Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, Linux, RTOS, BREW, BMP, and Java.
The company also sells fonts and font-related products developed and designed by third party foundries and designers. It established MyFonts Web site as a universal source for fonts from various international font vendors and designers.
Font Technology Products
Font Fusion: It is a font rendering subsystem that enables developers of consumer electronics devices, mobile handsets, set-top boxes, digital TVs, printers, graphics and software applications, and other embedded systems to render characters in any language, any format, at any resolution, on any software platform or hardware device. Font Fusion renders characters in font formats, compact portable font resources, and compact stroke-based Asian font formats. Font Fusion is also available as a pre-integrated BREW extension.
Bitstream Panorama: It is a global text composition engine. This product enables developers to draw strings of characters and lay out complex lines of text. Bitstream Panorama supports international languages, including such complex script languages as Arabic and Indian. Together with Font Fusion, it offers a line layout and font rendering solution for developers building mobile handsets, smart phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), set-top boxes, graphics applications, and embedded systems. Bitstream Panorama is also available as a pre-integrated BREW extension.
TrueDoc: It is a portable font technology that provides for the distribution of text, with fidelity, in a highly compact format.
Font Fusion Printing System: It is a font subsystem for developers of operating systems, servers, applications, printers, and printer controllers, where a font solution is needed to provide scalable resident fonts and support for downloadable, industry-standard fonts.
Bitstream Font Products
Bitstream Typeface Library: It consists of approximately 1,000 digital typefaces deliverable in OpenType, TrueType, and PostScript Type 1 font formats. Most of these typefaces are for use with English or other Western European language-based computer systems.
BTN Library: It consists of 500 fonts for OEMs and ISVs. The BTN (Breaking the Norm) typeface library includes designs made up of text families and pi fonts, and various display, headline, and handwriting fonts. The BTN fonts were designed for software applications (particularly game software and graphics/presentation applications), Web applications, and printers.
Certified Simplified Chinese GB18030 Font: Bitstream Hei, a TrueType font that has been certified by both the SLC (State Language Committee) and CITS/CESI (Committee on Information Technology Standards/China Electronics Standardization Institute). The SLC and CITS/CESI are Chinese standards groups that approve multilingual fonts for distribution within the Peoples Republic of China (PRC). This includes the GB18030 font
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BITSTREAM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BITSTREAM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BITSTREAM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BITSTREAM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BITSTREAM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bitstream Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bitstream Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bitstream Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bitstream Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bitstream Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BITSTREAM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BITSTREAM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BITSTREAM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BITSTREAM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BITSTREAM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BITSTREAM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Bitstream Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bitstream Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bitstream Inc. Major Shareholders
Bitstream Inc. History
Bitstream Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bitstream Inc. Offices and Representations
Bitstream Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bitstream Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bitstream Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Bitstream Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Bitstream Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bitstream Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Bitstream Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bitstream Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Bitstream Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Bitstream Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bitstream Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bitstream Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?