- The report contains detailed information about Archipelago Learning, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Archipelago Learning, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Archipelago Learning, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Archipelago Learning, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Archipelago Learning, Inc. business.
About Archipelago Learning, Inc.
Archipelago Learning, Inc. is a subscription-based online education company. The company provides standards-based instruction, practice, assessments, and productivity tools that improve the performance of educators and students via proprietary web-based platforms.
Study Island, the companys main product line, helps students in Kindergarten through 12th grade, or K-12, master grade level academic standards. As of December 31, 2009, Study Island products were utilized by approximately 9.5 million students in 21,705 schools in all 50 states, Washington D.C. and Canada. During 2009, students answered approximately 3.2 billion of the companys practice questions. The company also offers online postsecondary programs through Northstar Learning product line.
Products and Services
Study Island offers subscription-based online products that provide standards-based instruction, practice, assessment and productivity tools for teachers and students. Each of Study Islands products is specifically built from the requirements for a subject area in a grade level in a particular state.
The company offers products for math, reading, language arts, writing, science, and social studies. It offers specialty products based on national standards in subject areas such as technological literacy, health and fine arts. Students can log in to Study Island from any computer with internet access. Once logged in, students can select to move through the content in a traditional, multiple choice test mode or game mode, which includes short game segments to reward student achievement. Each topic contains a mini-lesson that can be reviewed by the student prior to beginning the session.
Study Island has also linked its program to classroom response hand-held devices, or clickers, which are manufactured and sold by other companies and enable Study Island sessions to be conducted in the classroom. The teacher teaches a particular standard or sub-topic and then projects Study Island questions on a whiteboard or a projection screen, and students answer using their handheld clickers. The teacher receives results on his or her computer to determine whether the class comprehends the material or whether additional instruction is required.
Study Island offers add-on features and programs, such as a benchmark assessment that enables educators to predict student performance on the end-of-year state assessment and provides diagnostic information to guide instruction. In addition, the companys graphic novel reading intervention product is designed to remediate students who are behind in grade level reading.
The company introduced a new version of Study Island online platform in January 2010, which includes new features and functionality most desired by existing customer base and prospects, including a custom assessment builder, standards-based lesson plans and lessons, video content, special needs support (including expanded text-to-speech functionality), a writing utility, games, and embedded professional development for teachers.
Northstar Learning uses the same proprietary web platform as Study Island to provide instruction, practice, assessment and test preparation for targeted high enrollment postsecondary course areas.
The company offers Northstar Learning products for GED exam preparation, developmental studies in college readiness and Allied Health, and it launched a PRAXIS teacher certification product in September 2009.
GED exam preparation: The company offers products for each of the five GED testing modules covered in the GED exam, which grants a diploma to adults that do not have a high school diploma. These modules are reading, writing, math, social studies and science.
Developmental studies: The company offers developmental English/language arts and math programs for the community college freshmen.
Allied Health programs: The company offers 10 allied health products to help students in these certificate and Associate Degree allied health programs master the required content and pass the applicable health career licensure exams.
PRAXIS teacher certification: The company offers products to assist educators to prepare for and pass the PRAXIS series assessments developed by the Educational Testing Service and used by states as part of their teacher licensure and certification processes.
Online college study guides: The company offers 10 online study guides to help college students master the fundamental skills required for success in Freshman/Sophomore level mathematics, science and history courses.
As of December 31, 2009, Study Island products were used by approximately 9.5 million students in 21,705 schools across 50 states, Washington, DC, and Canada. Its principle customers are teachers, school principals, curriculum directors, Title I and Title III directors, superintendents, chief technology officers and other administrators.
The company targets the U.S. educational system, consisting of K-12 and postsecondary education, collectively including approximately 74 million students.
The company competes with the assessment divisions of education publishers, including Pearson Education, Inc., The McGraw-Hill Companies and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Company; and Northstar Learning competes primarily with textbook, workbook, study guide and software products published by the postsecondary publishers, such as Pearson, McGraw-Hill, Cengage, Wiley, and Mosby (Reed Elsevier).
Archipelago Learning, Inc. was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARCHIPELAGO LEARNING, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARCHIPELAGO LEARNING, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARCHIPELAGO LEARNING, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARCHIPELAGO LEARNING, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARCHIPELAGO LEARNING, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Archipelago Learning, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Archipelago Learning, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Archipelago Learning, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Archipelago Learning, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Archipelago Learning, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARCHIPELAGO LEARNING, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARCHIPELAGO LEARNING, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARCHIPELAGO LEARNING, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARCHIPELAGO LEARNING, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARCHIPELAGO LEARNING, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARCHIPELAGO LEARNING, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Major Shareholders
Archipelago Learning, Inc. History
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Offices and Representations
Archipelago Learning, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Archipelago Learning, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Archipelago Learning, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Archipelago Learning, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Archipelago Learning, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Archipelago Learning, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?