- The report contains detailed information about Zoran Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Zoran Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Zoran Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Zoran Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Zoran Corporation business.
About Zoran Corporation
Zoran Corporation is a provider of digital solutions in the digital entertainment and digital imaging market. The company provides integrated circuits, software and platforms for digital televisions, set-top boxes, DVD and HD media players, digital cameras and printer, scanners and related Multi Function Peripherals (MFP). The company sells its products to original equipment manufacturers that incorporate them into products for consumer and commercial applications.
The company offers products in four principal product families:
DTV productshighly integrated ASICs and system-on-a-chip solutions for standard and high definition digital television products, including televisions, set-top boxes, ATSC converter boxes, personal video recorders, digital video recorders, as well as platforms, drivers and software stacks for various operating systems required for digital television applications that support regional standards in the world.
Mobile productsintegrated digital camera processors including image signal processing, image and video compression and decompression products based on JPEG, MPEG 4, H.264 and other technologies for the digital camera.
DVD and Multimedia Playersintegrated system-on-a-chip solutions, including video and audio compression and decompression products based on MPEG, Dolby Digital and other audio/video standards for use in red laser DVD players and related products. Also includes system-on-a-chip solutions used for HD, connected systems of Blu-Ray DVD, and other video systems.
Digital Imaging productsIC-based controller products and PDL software for both consumer and enterprise printers.
The companys DTV products include integrated circuit products for both high definition and standard definition formats for digital televisions, set-top boxes and related applications, including personal video recorders. The companys system-on-a-chip products utilize advanced CPUs (or advanced design) resulting in performance with lower power consumption and its integrated SupraHD product line addresses the mainstream market segment, as well as high-end and entry-level segments of the digital television and analog-to-digital broadcast transition markets.
The companys COACH processors are integrated system-on-a-chip solutions that include most of the electronics of a digital camera, which can be connected directly to a high-resolution CCD or CMOS sensor. The COACH IC processes the video information in real time, compresses the captured image in real time, while interfacing to an LCD, TV or micro display and to all types of flash memory. The COACH products also allow for direct connection to a printer, including color correction and special effects, for the non-PC consumer environment. The COACH product is supplemented by digital camera reference designs, CamON and CamMini, products which shorten the time to market for its customers.
DVD and Multimedia Players
The companys Vaddis processors perform all the audio and video decoding and display requirements of the DVD specifications, including MPEG 2 audio and video decoding, Dolby Digital, DivX and MLP audio decoding, on-screen display, decryption required for copyright protection and presentation of graphic information. The HDXtreme technology allows DVD playback and viewing of JPEG pictures on an HDTV with an HDMI interface in a resolution of up to 1080p. The company also provides DVD player reference designs based on its Vaddis product family that help its customers accelerate time to market for their products.
The companys Quatro product line is a family of programmable SOC solutions for imaging and printing devices, including multifunction and single function color inkjet and color and mono laser devices. IPS printing software is licensed to OEMs, either in conjunction with its Quatro SOC, or independently to be run on the customers CPU of choice. It incorporates interpreter and render software to support all the PDL streams.
The companys products are used in various consumer electronic devices, including digital television, mobile products, consumer video playbac
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ZORAN CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ZORAN CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ZORAN CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ZORAN CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ZORAN CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Zoran Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Zoran Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Zoran Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Zoran Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Zoran Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. ZORAN CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ZORAN CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ZORAN CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ZORAN CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ZORAN CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ZORAN CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Zoran Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Zoran Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Zoran Corporation Major Shareholders
Zoran Corporation History
Zoran Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Zoran Corporation Offices and Representations
Zoran Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Zoran Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Zoran Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Zoran Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Zoran Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Zoran Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Zoran Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Zoran Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Zoran Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Zoran Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Zoran Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Zoran Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?