- The report contains detailed information about Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Zarlink Semiconductor Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. business.
About Zarlink Semiconductor Inc.
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. designs mixed-signal semiconductor products for a range of communications and medical applications. The company's mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs) combine both analog and digital circuits on a single semiconductor chip.
The companys core capabilities are in communication network timing and synchronization, line circuits, telecom networking, and ultra low-power wireless communications. It has shipped approximately 1 billion chips and offers approximately 900 active products to its global customers. The companys integrated ICs, chipsets, system-on-chip (SoC), and module solutions address performance, power, cost and design concerns for telecom and medical equipment manufacturers, data center operators, and system integrators.
The company products provide feature integration in single chips, chipsets, and modules. Its solutions are primarily non-commodity, specialized application specific standard products (ASSPs) that are designed to meet the specific requirements of a class of customer products. The companys ICs are typically based on an original design, and are valued for their function and performance.
Line Circuits: The company's line circuit products allow equipment manufacturers to add voice service to broadband connections. Its line circuit portfolio includes access infrastructure products that perform all the functions necessary to create a 2-wire, twisted-pair telephone interface from any broadband digital source and residential gateway voice solutions for voice-over-broadband residential and business equipment.
Timing and Synchronization: Customers use its Timing and Synchronization products to error-free voice, video, data and mobile services over wireless and wired networks. The companys timing portfolio consists of Synchronous Ethernet and Timing over Packet products that support service deployment over packet-based networks, and new ClockCenter synchronous products for OTN applications and ClockCenter free run products for telecommunications equipment. The portfolio also includes digital phase locked-loop (PLL) devices for T1/E1 equipment, analog PLLs for synchronous optical network/synchronous digital hierarchy (SONET/SDH) applications and circuit emulation services-over-packet (CESoP) processors capable of transparently tunneling circuit-based time-division multiplexing (TDM) traffic with carrier-grade quality over various types of packet networks.
Telecom and Voice Networking: The company's Telecom Networking ICs, including T1/E1 line interfaces, circuit-switching devices and a range of voice processing products, enable transmission of voice, data, and multimedia services over converging circuit and packet infrastructures.
Wireless Medical Products: The companys Medical Implant Communication Service (MICS) radio chips and modules wirelessly link implanted medical devices, including pacemakers, defibrillators, neurostimulators, drug pumps, and physiological monitors, with remote monitoring and programming equipment. Using Zarlinks radio technology, medical device manufacturers can design in-body communication systems that support new monitoring, diagnostic, and therapeutic applications.
Medical Implant ICs: The company designs custom and standard ICs for medical products, including mixed-signal complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) chips for cardiac pacemakers. Its family of surge protection devices allows implantable medical electronics, such as pacemakers, implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICDs) and neurostimulators, to withstand electrical surges, such as those caused by medical treatments like defibrillation.
The company has an established base of approximately 400 customers in a spectrum of end-markets, including equipment manufacturers and in the telecommunications, medical, and optical industries. The principal customers for its semiconductors are telecommunications and healthcare equipment manufacturers. It products are also marketed to network operators and installers. Its major distributors include Avnet Electronics Marketing group and Asiacom Technology Limited.
Sales, Marketing, and Distribution
The companys products are sold in approximately 40 countries through local Zarlink sales offices and its distributor network. It primarily offers its products in the Asia Pacific, Europe, the United States, and Canada. The companys major markets in the Asia Pacific are China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Malaysia.
In May 2010, the company sold the assets of its Optical Products group to Tyco Electronics Corporation.
The companys main global competitors for network communications products include PMC-Sierra, Inc.; Agere Systems, Inc.; Lantiq; Integrated Device Technology, Inc.; Silicon Laboratories, Inc.; and Semtech Corporation. In the medical IC market, it competes mainly with Texas Instruments Inc.; ON Semiconductor; and Microsemi Inc.
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. was founded in 1971.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ZARLINK SEMICONDUCTOR INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ZARLINK SEMICONDUCTOR INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ZARLINK SEMICONDUCTOR INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ZARLINK SEMICONDUCTOR INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ZARLINK SEMICONDUCTOR INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ZARLINK SEMICONDUCTOR INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ZARLINK SEMICONDUCTOR INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ZARLINK SEMICONDUCTOR INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ZARLINK SEMICONDUCTOR INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ZARLINK SEMICONDUCTOR INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ZARLINK SEMICONDUCTOR INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Major Shareholders
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. History
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Offices and Representations
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?