- The report contains detailed information about Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. business.
About Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd.
Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited engages in the design, development, marketing, manufacturing, installation, and sale of photovoltaic (PV) products in the People's Republic of China and internationally.
Products and Services
The companys products and services substantially cover the PV industry value chain, ranging from the manufacture of polysilicon, multicrystalline polysilicon ingots and wafers, PV cells and PV modules to the manufacture of PV systems, and the installation of PV systems. The companys end-products include PV modules and PV systems in various sizes and power outputs. It sells PV modules under its own brand names, Yingli and Yingli Solar, to PV system integrators and distributors located in various markets around the world. As of December 31, 2009, the company had annual manufacturing capacity of 600 megawatts for each of multicrystalline polysilicon ingots and wafers, PV cells, and PV modules.
Polysilicon: The companys polysilicon production process starts with the production of sodium aluminum hydrogen (SAH) and silicon tetrafluoride (STF). It produces SAH with sodium, aluminum, and hydrogen through the SAH reactor. STF is produced from silica, sulfuric acid, and sodium aluminum terafluoride (SAF) through the STF reactor. SAH and STF are then fed into the silane reactor to produce silane. After purification, the company transfers silane into the chemical vapor disposition (CVD) reactor to produce polysilicon.
Polysilicon Ingots and Blocks: A polysilicon ingot is formed by melting, purifying, and solidifying polysilicon feedstock into a brick-shaped ingot. Majority of its ingots weigh approximately 270 kilograms and reach the size of 690 millimeters x 690 millimeters x 250 millimeters. The polysilicon ingots are then cut into blocks. Its polysilicon blocks are available in the size of 156 millimeters x 156 millimeters x 209 millimeters. The company uses its polysilicon blocks to produce polysilicon wafers.
Polysilicon Wafers: The polysilicon blocks are then sliced into wafers with wire saws. The thickness of its wafers was 180 microns and the diameter of its wires was 120 microns as of December 31, 2009. The companys wafers are available in the size of 156 millimeters x 156 millimeters.
PV Cells: A PV cell is a device made from a polysilicon wafer that converts sunlight into electricity by a process known as the photovoltaic effect. The company uses its PV cells in the production of its PV modules. In addition, the company is in the process of building 300 megawatts of monocrystalline production capacity for each of monocrystalline ingots and wafers, cells and modules in Baoding, Hebei Province. The new production lines are designed to produce next-generation monocrystalline PV cells based on the technology developed through Project PANDA, a collaboration project among the company, the Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands, a solar research center in Europe, and Tempress Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amtech Systems, Inc., a global supplier of production and automation systems and related supplies for the manufacture of PV cells.
PV Modules: A PV module is an assembly of PV cells that are electrically interconnected, laminated, and framed in a durable and weatherproof package. Majority of its PV modules are made with PV cells produced by the company. A majority of PV modules produced by the company has outputs ranging from 150 to 230 watts.
Integrated PV Systems: A PV system consists of one or more PV modules that are physically mounted and electrically interconnected with system components, such as batteries and power electronics, to produce and store electricity. The company produces PV systems and also designs, assembles, sells, and installs PV systems for lighting systems, mobile communication base stations, and residential applications. It installs these systems on-site for its customers. For its larger PV systems, the company works with the customers on-site to design, install, test, and oversee the system start-up. Installation, testing, and initial start-up of a PV system takes approximately four months.
The companys suppliers include Wacker Chemie AG and OCI Company Ltd.
Markets and Customers
The companys products are sold in various markets worldwide, including Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, France, South Korea, the United States, and China. The products that the company sells outside of China are primarily PV modules. These modules are sold primarily to installers, PV system integrators, property developers, and other value-added resellers, who incorporate its PV modules into on-grid integrated PV systems with batteries, inverters, mounting structures, and wiring systems.
In 2009, the company completed the acquisition of Cyber Power Group Limited, which, through its principal operating subsidiary in China, Fine Silicon Co., Ltd., has started trial production of solar-grade polysilicon.
In October 2010, Foxconn International Holdings Ltd., an affiliate of Hon Hai Group, has formed an alliance with Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. to produce polysilicon in a bid to build an integrated supply chain of solar energy in China.
The company competes with local and international producers of PV products, including the solar energy divisions of conglomerates, such as BP Solar and Sharp Corporation; PV module manufacturers, such as SunPower Corporation and Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd.; and integrated PV product manufacturers, such as SolarWorld AG, Renewable Energy Corporation, and Trina Solar Limited.
Yingli Green Energy Holding Company was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HOLDING CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HOLDING CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HOLDING CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HOLDING CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HOLDING CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HOLDING CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HOLDING CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HOLDING CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HOLDING CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HOLDING CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. YINGLI GREEN ENERGY HOLDING CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. History
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?