- The report contains detailed information about Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vitesse Semiconductor Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. business.
About Vitesse Semiconductor Corp.
Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation designs, develops, and markets a portfolio of semiconductor products. The company supplies integrated circuits (ICs) that are utilized primarily by manufacturers of networking systems for carrier and enterprise networking applications.
Transport Processing Product Line
The company's transport processing products include framers, Mappers, and switches. Its product line includes devices supporting data rates up to 10 gigabits per second (Gbps), which are used in various communications equipment, including add-drop-multiplexers (ADMs), multiservice provisioning platforms (MSPPs), core switching and reconfigurable optical add-drop-multiplexers (ROADMs), dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) systems, and core and edge routers. These processing functions evolve as the requirements of the networks migrate from various protocols toward Ethernet as the standard networking protocol.
The company offers a line of framers and Mappers for SONET/SDH, EoS, and OTN applications. Framers are devices that take incoming data traffic from the physical layer (PHY) and process the framing information used for transporting data. Mappers convert data from one protocol to another. The company's new generation products, as well as its new products in development, integrate Ethernet packet processing technology. These products operate at speeds of approximately 10 Gbps, and are targeted principally for next-generation systems in the core and metro segments of the carrier networks.
The company supplies a family of time slot interchange (TSI) switches for use in SONET/SDH equipment. A switch receives data from a line card and routes the data to its proper destination. The company has various TSI switches in its product portfolio that provide aggregate bandwidth up to 1.5 Tbps. It also provides switch fabric chip sets for various packet backplane applications. These switch fabric solutions allow total system interface bandwidths from 20 Gbps to 160 Gbps and higher.
Ethernet Switching Product Line
The company's Ethernet switch product line addresses gigabit Ethernet applications in carrier and enterprise markets. This product line consists of Ethernet switches, Ethernet media access controllers (MACS), and Ethernet transceivers (Copper PHYs).
In Enterprise applications, the company's Ethernet switches are targeted at desktop, workgroup, and LAN infrastructure boxes and enable these systems to migrate to Gigabit Ethernet speeds. The company has a range of applications in customer premise equipment, access network equipment, wireless base station, wireless backhaul equipment, and metro network equipment.
The company's MAC products are designed for use in enterprise class modular Ethernet switch platforms, as well as in EoS and Ethernet-over-OTN systems used in access, metro, and long-haul Carrier Networking systems. Its Ethernet MACs provide single-chip solutions for both Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet applications.
Copper PHYs allow transmission of 10/100/1000 BASE-T data over category 5 copper cable and fiber optic cabling. This technology is deployed in personal computing, home electronics, and LAN applications to enterprise and data center applications, and in carrier networking applications. The company offers a range of products in this category, including single, quad, and octal devices. Its SimpliPHY Ethernet transceivers provide low -power operation. It has introduced additional power -saving features, such as ActiPHY and PerfectReach. These power-saving features are also included in the company's E-StaX and SparX switch products with integrated Ethernet transceivers.
Connectivity Product Line
The company's connectivity product line includes mixed-signal physical layer devices for connection of systems via optical fiber, copper cable, or backplanes. These devices are deployed across a range of application and markets. Connectivity product lines include physical media devices (PMDs), physical layer devices (PHYs), crosspoint switches, and signal integrity devices.
A PMD is a mixed signal device that connects an electrical signal to an optical compon
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VITESSE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VITESSE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VITESSE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VITESSE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VITESSE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. VITESSE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VITESSE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VITESSE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VITESSE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VITESSE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VITESSE SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Major Shareholders
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. History
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Offices and Representations
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vitesse Semiconductor Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?