- The report contains detailed information about Verigy, Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Verigy, Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Verigy, Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Verigy, Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Verigy, Ltd. business.
About Verigy, Ltd.
Verigy Ltd. engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of test systems and solutions for the semiconductor industry. As of October 31, 2010, the company installed approximately 2,400 V93000 Series systems and 2600 V5000 Series systems worldwide.
Products and Services
The company offers a scalable platform for each of the general categories of devices being tested: its V93000 Series platform, designed to test System-on-a-Chip (SOC), System-in-a-Package (SIP) and high-speed memory devices; its V6000 Series platform designed to test both flash memory and dynamic random access memory (DRAM) devices, and its V101 platform, designed to test devices, such as 4, 8, and 16-bit micro-controller units (MCUs) and consumer mixed-signal devices.
V93000 Series PlatformSOC, SIP and High-Speed Memory Test
The companys V93000 Series platform tests SOCs, SIPs and high-speed memory devices, which are used in a range of consumer electronics products, including MP3 players, BluRay disc players, digital televisions, television set-top boxes, PCs, gaming consoles and cell phones, and other wireless communication devices.
V6000 Series PlatformFlash, SRAM, DRAM and Mixed Memory Test
The companys V6000 Series platform is designed to test flash memory, SRAM, DRAM, and mixed memory devices contained in a range of electronic products. It can also test multi-chip packages containing single or multiple types of memory, addressing the use of MCPs to serve the memory requirements of consumer electronics devices.
V101Low Cost Test System
The companys V101 platform is designed to test electronic devices, such as 4, 8, and 16-bit MCUsthat are used in a range of communications, data processing, consumer, industrial, and military/aerospace products. The V101 is based on hardware and software the company acquired through the acquisition of Inovys in year 2008, combined with hardware and other intellectual property from its SOC/SIP product line.
Touchdown TechnologiesAdvanced Memory Probe Cards
The company owns Touchdown Technologies, which develops, manufactures, and sells advanced, MEMS (micro electro-mechanical switch) based probe cards used in wafer-sort testing of memory devices. Probe cards are used in conjunction with memory testers, and establish the final physical and electrical connection between the tester and the wafer being tested.
Touchdowns family of probe cards addresses the needs of the flash (including both NAND and NOR applications) and DRAM markets. Touchdowns products include Td110 ACCU-TORQ probe cards for testing high pin count, small die NOR wafers; Td160 ACCU-TORQ probe cards for testing full pin count on NAND wafers; Td110 ACCU-TORQ probe cards for testing DRAM applications use a specially designed probe and a proprietary interposer capable of meeting DRAM applications; and Td300 ACCU-TORQ probe cards for DRAM are capable of testing 300mm DRAM wafers in 6 or fewer touchdowns. Touchdown has also developed custom 200 and 300 millimeter (mm) probe cards, which are being evaluated by potential customers.
Test and Application Expertise, Services and Support
The companys worldwide service organization performs various services for its customers, including professional test expertise services and total system support and professional services. Professional services include value-added, proactive services, such as yield optimization and test program development assistance. On a global basis, it provides expertise across a range of applications to assist its customers in delivering their new products to the market. System support includes ongoing and reactive services, such as repair, calibration and relocation, as well as education and training.
The company has a customer base, which includes integrated device manufacturers (IDMs), fabless companies, and test subcontractors, also referred to as subcontractors or OSAT (outsourced sub-assembly and test) providers. OSATs include specialty assembly, package and test companies, as well as wafer foundries, and companies that design, and contract with others for the manufacture of integrated circuits (known as fabless design companies). The companys major customer is ASE Group.
The companys primary competitors include Advantest Corporation, Teradyne, Inc., LTX-Credence Corporation, and Yokogawa Electric Corporation.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VERIGY, LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VERIGY, LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VERIGY, LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VERIGY, LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VERIGY, LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Verigy, Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Verigy, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Verigy, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Verigy, Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Verigy, Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. VERIGY, LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VERIGY, LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VERIGY, LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SINGAPORE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VERIGY, LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VERIGY, LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VERIGY, LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Verigy, Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Verigy, Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Verigy, Ltd. Major Shareholders
Verigy, Ltd. History
Verigy, Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Verigy, Ltd. Offices and Representations
Verigy, Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Verigy, Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Verigy, Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Verigy, Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Verigy, Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Verigy, Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Verigy, Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Verigy, Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Verigy, Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Verigy, Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Verigy, Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Verigy, Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?