- The report contains detailed information about Veeco Instruments Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Veeco Instruments Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Veeco Instruments Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Veeco Instruments Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Veeco Instruments Inc. business.
About Veeco Instruments Inc.
Veeco Instruments Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and servicing of enabling solutions for customers in the high brightness light emitting diode (HB-LED), solar, data storage, semiconductor, scientific research, and industrial markets.
The company operates in three segments: LED & Solar Process Equipment; Data Storage Process Equipment; and Metrology.
LED & Solar Process Equipment segment
In its LED & Solar segment, the company designs and manufactures metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) systems that are used to make HB LEDs or solar cells made of III-V compound semiconductors. Also within this segment, the company sells molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) systems which are used in various applications, including alternative energy (LED and Solar), power devices and in scientific research. The company also makes thermal evaporation sources and a line of Web and glass deposition systems used to create copper, indium, gallium, selenide (CIGS) thin film solar cells.
Data Storage segment
In its Data Storage segment, the company designs and manufactures equipment used in the production of thin film magnetic heads (TFMHs) that read and write data on hard disk drives. The companys technologies include equipment for front and back-end process steps, such as ion beam etch, ion beam deposition, diamond-like carbon, physical vapor deposition, chemical vapor deposition, and dicing and slicing systems.
In its Metrology segment, the company designs and manufactures atomic force microscopes (AFMs), scanning probe microscopes (SPMs), stylus profilers, and fast 3D optical microscopes, used to provide critical surface measurements in research and production environments. This line of products is used in universities, research facilities, and scientific centers worldwide. In production environments (such as microelectronics and solar), precision manufacturing industries (such as medical device manufacturing, automotive and aerospace), and other related industries, its metrology instruments enable customers to monitor their products throughout the manufacturing process to improve yields.
LED & Solar Process Equipment
Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition Systems: The company supplies MOCVD technology. MOCVD production systems are used to make GaN-based devices, (green and blue HB LEDs) and As/P-based devices (red, orange, and yellow HB LEDs), which are used in television and laptop backlighting, general illumination, large area signage and specialty illumination. The companys As/P MOCVD Systems also are used to make concentrator solar cells.
Molecular Beam Epitaxy Systems: MBE is the process of depositing epitaxially aligned atomically thin crystal layers, or epilayers, of elemental materials onto a substrate in a vacuum environment. For various compound semiconductors, MBE is the critical first step of the fabrication process, ultimately determining device functionality and performance. The company provides an array of MBE components and systems for research and production applications and introduced a new line of thermal evaporation sources for the solar industry.
Web and Glass Coaters for Flexible Solar Cells: In 2008, the company purchased Mill Lane Engineering, a manufacturer of Web deposition equipment used to make CIGS solar cells. It offers FastFlex and FastLine systems for thin film solar cell production.
Data Storage Process Equipment
Ion Beam Deposition (IBD) Systems: The companys NEXUS IBD systems utilize ion beam technology to deposit precise layers of thin films and may be included on its cluster system platform to allow either parallel or sequential etch/deposition processes. IBD systems deposit thin film layers and provide uniformity and repeatability. In addition to IBD systems, the company provides an array of ion beam sources.
Ion Beam Etch (IBE) Systems: The companys NEXUS IBE systems, which etch precise, complex features for use primarily by data storage and telecommunications device manufacturers in the fabrication of discrete and integrated microelectronic devices.
Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) Syste
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Veeco Instruments Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Veeco Instruments Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Veeco Instruments Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Veeco Instruments Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Veeco Instruments Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Veeco Instruments Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Veeco Instruments Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Veeco Instruments Inc. Major Shareholders
Veeco Instruments Inc. History
Veeco Instruments Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Veeco Instruments Inc. Offices and Representations
Veeco Instruments Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Veeco Instruments Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Veeco Instruments Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Veeco Instruments Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Veeco Instruments Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Veeco Instruments Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Veeco Instruments Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Veeco Instruments Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Veeco Instruments Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Veeco Instruments Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Veeco Instruments Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Veeco Instruments Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?