- The report contains detailed information about Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. business.
About Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc.
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and servicing of semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits to semiconductor manufacturers worldwide.
The company designs, markets, manufactures, and services ion implantation systems, which are used to build the transistors that are the basis of integrated circuits or microchips. It provides five different single wafer implanter products, which cover a range of required applications in these implant sectors: medium currentlow dose, medium energy; high currenthigh dose, low energy; high energylow dose, very high energy; and ultra high dosevery high dose, very low energy.
Medium Current: The company's single wafer VIISta 900XP series of ion implanters provide precision doping capability and contamination control. Its other medium systems include the VIISta 810XP, VIISta 810XE, and VIISta 900XPT ion implanters. In addition, it provides support for its older generation VIISta and legacy medium current ion implanters still in use by its customers.
High Current: The high current VIISta HCS has process control capability for advanced ultra shallow junction applications, and can be used for source/drain, source/drain extension, gate doping, pre-amorphization, and materials modification applications.
High Energy: The high energy VIISta HE and VIISta 3000 feature True Zero degree implant and low contamination. The companys high energy portfolios True Zero capability provides a distinct advantage for semiconductor manufacturers that need increased device packing density in high-performance devices. Its high energy products cover retrograde well, triple well, buried layers, and pocket applications. In addition, it provides support for its older generation VIISta and legacy high energy ion implanters in use by its customers.
Ultra High Dose: For ultra high dose applications, the VIISta PLAD tool uses an altogether different technology. A plasma, or ionized gas, of the desired specie is created in a chamber where the wafer is held to a platen. A pulsed DC voltage is applied to the wafer platen which draws ions to the wafer at an energy level proportional to the DC pulse. Its VIISta PLAD has been used by certain new flash memory applications.
Solion: The company has entered the solar cell manufacturing market with the introduction of Solion, its solar cell ion implant tool. Solion is based on its proven VIISta platform and utilizes its ion implant technology with a redesigned wafer handling and automation system. Solion provides precision patterned implant technology (PPI) enabling junction engineering capability which is critical for high efficiency cell designs.
VIISta Platform: The VIISta 900XP, VIISta HCS, VIISta HE, VIISta PLAD, and Solion are based on the same platform, thereby providing a commonality in subsystems and overall architecture. The VIISta products feature the Varian Control System (VCS); the Varian Positioning Systems (VPS); and the VIISta single wafer end-station. The company has shipped approximately 1,200 VIISta systems worldwide.
The company's customers include GlobalFoundries Inc.; Elpida Memory Inc.; Hynix Semiconductor Inc.; Hynix-Numonyx Semiconductor Ltd.; IM Flash Technologies LLC.; Inotera Memories Inc.; Intel Corp.; International Business Machines Corp.; Micron Technology Inc.; Nanya Technology Corporation; Samsung Electronics Company Ltd.; Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp. Ltd.; Sony Corporation; and United Microelectronics Corp.
The companys competitors include Nissin Electric Company, Ltd.; Sumitomo Eaton Nova Corporation; Axcelis Technologies, Inc.; Advanced Ion Beam Technology, Inc.; Ulvac Technologies, Inc.; and Applied Materials, Inc.
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates, Inc. was founded in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VARIAN SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Major Shareholders
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. History
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Offices and Representations
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?