- The report contains detailed information about United Microelectronics Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United Microelectronics Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United Microelectronics Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United Microelectronics Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United Microelectronics Corporation business.
About United Microelectronics Corporation
United Microelectronics Corporation, an independent semiconductor foundry, engages in the manufacture of semiconductors. The company maintains a diversified customer base across industries, including communication, consumer electronics, computer, memory and others. The company sells and markets mainly wafers which in turn are used in different applications by its customers. The company focuses on the development of mass-producible manufacturing process technologies.
Services and Products
The company primarily engages in wafer fabrication for foundry customers. To optimize fabrication services for its customers, the company works closely with them as they finalize circuit design and contract for the preparation of masks to be used in the manufacturing process. The company also offers its customers turnkey services by providing subcontracted assembly and test services.
Circuit Design: At this initial design stage, the companys engineers work with its customers to ensure that their designs can be manufactured in its facilities. In its Silicon Shuttle program, the company offers customers and intellectual property providers access to actual silicon samples with their desired intellectual property and content in order to enable early and rapid use of its advanced technologies. The Silicon Shuttle program is a multi-chip test wafer program that allows silicon verification of intellectual property and design elements. In its Alliance Program, the company coordinates with suppliers of intellectual property, design and ASIC services to ensure their offerings are available to its customers in an integrated manner which matches customers need to its technologies. The companys offerings range from design libraries to basic analog mixed-mode intellectual properties.
Mask Tooling: The companys engineers assist its customers to design and/or obtain masks that are optimized for its advanced process technologies and equipment.
Wafer Fabrication: Its manufacturing service provides all aspects of the wafer fabrication process by utilizing a range of advanced process technologies. During the wafer fabrication process, the company performs procedures in which a photosensitive material is deposited on the wafer and exposed to light through the mask to form transistors and other circuit elements comprising a semiconductor. As part of its wafer fabrication services, the company also offers wafer probing services, which test, or probe, individual die on the processed wafers and identifies dice that fail to meet required standards.
Assembly and Testing: The company offers its customers turnkey services by providing the option to purchase finished semiconductor products that have been assembled and tested. The company outsources assembly and test services to assembly and test service providers, including Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd., or Siliconware, and Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc. in Taiwan. After final testing, the semiconductors are shipped to its customers designated locations.
The companys primary customers include premier integrated device manufacturers, such as Texas Instruments, Infineon, Freescale, STMicroelectronics, and Kawasaki, and fabless design companies, such as Xilinx, Broadcom, MediaTek, Realtek, Novatek, and Marvell.
For IP offerings, the company works with several IP vendors from digital, memory and analog fields in the semiconductor industry, such as Faraday Technology, ARM Limited, Virage Logic Corporation, Rambus Inc., Silicon Image Inc. and Synopsys Inc., to deliver IP blocks that have been silicon validated using its advanced processes. The companys alliance programs with major electronic design automation vendors, such as Cadence, Magma, Mentor and Synopsys Inc., provide its customers with digital/analog reference design procedures and easy-to-use design solutions.
The companys primary competitors in the foundry services market are Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited, Semiconductor Manufacturing International (Shanghai) Corporation and Globalfoundries Inc., as well as the foundry operation services of some integrated device manufacturers such as IBM and Toshiba. Other competitors include Samsung, DongbuAnam Semiconductor, Grace Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp., X-FAB Semiconductors Foundries AG and Silterra Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
United Microelectronics Corporation was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United Microelectronics Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United Microelectronics Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United Microelectronics Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United Microelectronics Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United Microelectronics Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. TAIWAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United Microelectronics Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United Microelectronics Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United Microelectronics Corporation Major Shareholders
United Microelectronics Corporation History
United Microelectronics Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United Microelectronics Corporation Offices and Representations
United Microelectronics Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United Microelectronics Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United Microelectronics Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
United Microelectronics Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
United Microelectronics Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United Microelectronics Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United Microelectronics Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United Microelectronics Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
United Microelectronics Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
United Microelectronics Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United Microelectronics Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United Microelectronics Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?