- The report contains detailed information about Trident Microsystems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Trident Microsystems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Trident Microsystems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Trident Microsystems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Trident Microsystems Inc. business.
About Trident Microsystems Inc.
Trident Microsystems, Inc. engages in the design, development, and marketing of integrated circuits (ICs), and related software for processing, displaying and transmitting audio, graphics and images in home consumer electronics applications, such as digital TVs (DTV), PC and analog TVs, and set-top boxes.
The companys product line includes system-on-a-chip (SoC), semiconductors that provide integrated solutions for processing and optimizing video, audio, and computer graphic signals to produce images and sound. Its products also include frame rate converter (FRC), demodulator or DRX and audio decoder products, DOCSISR modems, interface devices and media processors.
Digital Television Products:
The company develops products for digital media applications. Its DTV products are designed to improve video quality for various display devices, such as LCD TV and plasma display panel (PDP TV).
HiDTV: The HiDTV Video Processor Family combines the features of high-definition MPEG2 decoding, H.264 decoding, system processing, and video processing features to deliver required video fidelity and system functionality. HiDTV SoC DTV processor designed especially for HDTV systems. It contains 32-bit RISC microprocessor, a 2D graphic engine, an MPEG-2 MP@HL decoder, an optional Multi-Format Video Decoder, a programmable MPEG audio decoder which supports AC3, AAC, and MP3, and a transport stream demultiplexer, which supports ATSC, DVB and ARIB standards.
FRC: The companys new families of frame rate converter technology products provide solutions for digital display picture quality removing disturbing film judder and eliminating motion blur, as well as improving color and sharpness. It removes motion blur for standard and high-definition content by doubling the picture frame rate to100, 120, 200 or even 240Hz. It calculates and inserts additional picture frames based on motion vector estimation and compensation. This eliminates the unpleasant film judder which appears with film material displayed on a conventional 50Hz or 60Hz Flat Panel TV and provides a lively and vibrant viewing experience.
DRX: The companys DTV demodulator family includes its latest solution for worldwide DTV transmission standard. It covers DVB-C (Europe, China), ATSC (North America, Korea), and DVB-T (Europe). The DRX-J (for North America) and DRX-K (for Europe) devices are a family of pin-to-pin compatible demodulators supporting the broadcast standards in Europe and North America. DRX are hybrid demodulators for analog and digital broadcast, both terrestrial, and via cable. The company develops products for standards, such as DVB-T2, ISDB and China Terrestrial.
Audio Decoder: The MAP-M / MSP-M IC families represent solutions comprising required building blocks to address home-audio and TV-audio applications. The MAP-M combines a digital signal processing (DSP) for decoding and post processing with digital interfaces, such as S/PDIF, asynchronous I2S, and Hi-resolution PWM. On-chip analog I/Os include line, phono, and microphone inputs, as well as D/A converters for line and amplifier outputs. An integrated HP-amplifier completes the system. In addition to the available licensed technologies from BBE, Dolby or SRS and its own meloD Audio Processing, MAP-M / MSP-M can be extended with customer specific algorithms.
Connected TV Solution: The company is in the process of improving its HiDTV software suite to enable TV connectivity using widget engines, digital living network alliance (DLNA), certified devices, or digital rights management (DRM) engines.
The company, through acquisition of NXP Semiconductors television and set-top box line, plans to offer various products.
Set-top Box (STB) Products: The company offers products targeted for the markets within set-top box: Satellite, Cable & IPTV, and Terrestrial STB.
Satellite STB: The company offers a range of chip-set solutions for pay-TV operator and Free-to-air STBs, including DVB-S/DVB-S2/8-PSK demodulators, highly integrated SoCs and PSTN modem interface ICs. The STB SoC portfolio covers a spectrum of customer needs from SD MPEG-2 SoCs to HD H.264 DVR SoCs.
Cable & IPTV STB: The company offers a range of chip-set solutions for cable operator & IPTV STBs, including DOCSIS modems and highly integrated SoCs. The STB SoC portfolio covers a spectrum of customer needs from very low cost SD MPEG-2 SoCs to HD H.264 DVR SoCs.
Terrestrial STB: The company offers a range of chip-set solutions for Free-to-air & pay-TV STBs, including DVB-T demodulators and highly integrated SoCs. The STB SoC portfolio covers a range of customer needs from SD MPEG-2 SoCs to HD H.264 DVR SoCs. Multiple generations of Trident SoCs have been deployed in terrestrial broadcast networks worldwide and support industry middleware platforms.
Tridents STB chip-set solutions are supported with system hardware reference designs and embedded system software.
Sales, Marketing and Distribution
The company sells its products primarily to digital television and set-top box original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in South Korea, Japan, Europe, and the Asia Pacific, either directly or through supplier channels. It services it customers primarily through its offices in the United States, Taiwan, China, Europe, South Korea, and Japan.
In December 2010, InView Technology Corporation announced that it is working with Trident Microsystems Inc. to facilitate the launch of a IP-connected platform, Neelix, across millions of TV's and set-top boxes globally. Neelix incorporates an integrated EPG, media browser, and personal schedule tool.
In 2009, the company completed the acquisition of selected assets of the FRC, DRX, and audio decoder product lines from the Consumer Division of Micronas Semiconductor Holding AG, or Micronas, a Swiss corporation.
The companys principal competitors are captive solutions from large TV OEMs as well as merchant solutions from Broadcom Corporation, MediaTek Inc., MStar Semiconductor, NEC Corporation, STMicroelectronics, and Zoran Corporation.
Trident Microsystems, Inc. was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Trident Microsystems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Trident Microsystems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Trident Microsystems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Trident Microsystems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Trident Microsystems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Trident Microsystems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Trident Microsystems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Trident Microsystems Inc. Major Shareholders
Trident Microsystems Inc. History
Trident Microsystems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Trident Microsystems Inc. Offices and Representations
Trident Microsystems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Trident Microsystems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Trident Microsystems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Trident Microsystems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Trident Microsystems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Trident Microsystems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Trident Microsystems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Trident Microsystems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Trident Microsystems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Trident Microsystems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Trident Microsystems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Trident Microsystems Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?