- The report contains detailed information about TranSwitch Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TranSwitch Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TranSwitch Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TranSwitch Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TranSwitch Corp. business.
About TranSwitch Corp.
TranSwitch Corporation designs, develops, and supplies integrated semiconductor solutions that provide core functionality for voice, data and video communications equipment for network, enterprise, and customer premises applications.
The company's customers for its semiconductor products are the original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) who supply wire-line and wireless network operators who provide voice, data and video services to end users, such as consumers, corporations, municipalities etc. Its system-on-a-chip products incorporate digital and mixed-signal semiconductor technology and related embedded software. In addition to its system-on-a-chip products, the company has been in the business of licensing intellectual property cores to both OEMs, as well as other semiconductor companies. It also licenses its proprietary video interconnect technology that enables the transmission and reception of both high definition multimedia interface (HDMI) and DisplayPort.
The company's products provide the key functionalities required for converged network infrastructure; and broadband access and broadband customer premises equipment (CPE).
Products for Converged Network Infrastructure
Infrastructure VoIP Processors: The companys Entropia Series of Processors are integrated system-on-chip solutions each incorporating multiple embedded RISC and DSP processors for encoding, decoding, and transcoding voice-over-IP traffic according to a multitude of protocols and standards adopted in different networks worldwide. Entropia III and IV can process approximately 1,008 voice channels for high capacity applications while its Entropia II LP product supports medium density applications requiring up to 336 voice channels. The Entropia product line is designed for wire-line and wireless carrier equipment, such as media gateways, soft switches, integrated multimedia systems (IMS), and multi-service access nodes (MSAN), as well as in enterprise network applications, such as IP-PBX. In addition to VoIP processing, its Entropia products provide system level solutions by incorporating other related functions, such as FAX relay, packet processing, circuit emulation, signaling, and control required for operation in the carriers network.
Ethernet data into the SONET or SDH format (EoS) / EoPDH Mappers and Framers: The companys products address the formats and data speeds employed in the access portion of the network. It provides solutions that cover both North American (SONET/ Async), as well as International (SDH/PDH) standards. Data rates covered by its products range from 1.5 mb/s to 2.5 Gb/s. The companys EtherMap and EtherPHAST product families address the need of carriers to transport data traffic over their existing SONET, SDH, and PDH networks. Its VTXP products provide low-level grooming of TDM circuits. Its products are optimized for these edge platforms.
Tributary Switches: This category includes switch fabric devices and adjunct switching devices that enable traffic to be switched or re-arranged (groomed) to use network capacity.
Carrier Ethernet Solutions: The companys Envoy line of Ethernet controllers and switches allows for differentiation and creates the opportunity for market leadership with trend setting metro Ethernet features. Its PacketTrunk family of circuit emulation and clock recovery devices provide vital interworking capability between the new data (IP) based services and infrastructures and the legacy voice (TDM) based services and infrastructures.
FTTx Protocol Processors: The companys Mustang product is a System-on-Chip solution for Ethernet-based passive optical networking (EPON) optical network unit (ONU) equipment which is deployed at the customer location, typically on the outside wall of a dwelling unit. The companys Mustang product family consists of its ME250 and proprietary ME300 products. These fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) solutions are ideal for service providers deploying EPON to deliver premium triple play services, such as bandwidth-intensive IPTV. Its COLT processor is a system-on-chip solution for the optical Line Terminator (OLT) equipment which resides in the Carrier
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TRANSWITCH CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TRANSWITCH CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TRANSWITCH CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TRANSWITCH CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TRANSWITCH CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TranSwitch Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TranSwitch Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TranSwitch Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TranSwitch Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TranSwitch Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. TRANSWITCH CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TRANSWITCH CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TRANSWITCH CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TRANSWITCH CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TRANSWITCH CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TRANSWITCH CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TranSwitch Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TranSwitch Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TranSwitch Corp. Major Shareholders
TranSwitch Corp. History
TranSwitch Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TranSwitch Corp. Offices and Representations
TranSwitch Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TranSwitch Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TranSwitch Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
TranSwitch Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
TranSwitch Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TranSwitch Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TranSwitch Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TranSwitch Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
TranSwitch Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
TranSwitch Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TranSwitch Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TranSwitch Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?