- The report contains detailed information about SunPower Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SunPower Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SunPower Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SunPower Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SunPower Corporation business.
About SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation, an integrated solar products and services company, designs, manufactures, and markets solar electric power technologies. The company sells its products in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated in two segments, Components and Systems.
The Components Segment sells solar power products, including solar panels and inverters, which convert sunlight to electricity compatible with the utility network. The company sells its solar components products to installers and resellers, including its third-party global dealer network of approximately 1,000 partners, for use in residential and commercial applications. It also sells products for use in multi-MWac solar power plant applications.
The Systems Segment sells solar power systems directly to system owners and developers. When the company sells a solar power system, it also offers services, such as development, engineering, procurement, permitting, construction, financing options, monitoring, and maintenance.
Products and Services
Products Sold through Components Segment
The companys solar power products include solar cells and solar panels manufactured using proprietary processes. It also sells a line of SunPower branded inverters manufactured by third parties.
Solar Cells: Solar cells are semiconductor devices that directly convert sunlight into direct current electricity. The companys A-300 solar cell is a silicon solar cell with a specified power value of 3.1 watts. Its A-330 solar cell delivers 3.3 watts.
Solar Panels: Solar panels are solar cells electrically connected together and encapsulated in a weatherproof package.
Products Sold through Systems Segment
The companys solar power system products are principally designed to be used in large-scale utility, commercial, public sector, and production home applications. It manufactures certain of its solar power system products and its solar power system products are also manufactured for the company by third-party suppliers.
PowerGuard Roof System
The companys PowerGuard Roof System (PowerGuard) is a roof-mounted solar panel mounting system that delivers clean electricity while insulating and protecting the roof. PowerGuard is a patented, proprietary, pre-engineered solar power roofing tile system. Each PowerGuard tile consists of a solar laminate, cement substrate, and styrofoam base. Designed for installation, PowerGuard tiles fit together with interlocking tongue-and-groove side surfaces. In addition to generating electricity, PowerGuard roof systems also insulate and protect the roof membrane from ultraviolet rays and thermal degradation. The companys PowerGuard system resists wind uplift without compromising the rooftops structural integrity. PowerGuard roof systems have been installed in a range of climates, including California, Illinois, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York and Switzerland and on various building types, from rural single story warehouses to urban high rise structures.
SunPower T-10 Commercial Solar Roof Tiles
SunPower T-10 Commercial Solar Roof Tiles (T-10) are pre-engineered solar panels that tilt at a 10-degree angle. These non-penetrating panels interlock for installation on rooftops without compromising the structural integrity of the roof. T-10 commercial roof tile performance is optimized for larger roofs with less space constraints, as well as underutilized tracks of land, such as ground reservoirs.
SunPower T-5 Solar Roof Tile System: Tilted at a 5-degree angle, the T-5 roof tile is a non-penetrating photovoltaic rooftop product that combines solar panel, frame, and mounting system into a single pre-engineered unit. The T-5 roof tile solar tiles interlock for wind resistance and installation.
SunTile Roof Integrated System for Residential Market: The companys patented SunTile product is a solar power shingle roofing system utilizing its solar cell technology that is designed to integrate with conventional residential roofing materials. SunTile is designed to be incorporated by producti
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUNPOWER CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUNPOWER CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUNPOWER CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUNPOWER CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUNPOWER CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SunPower Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SunPower Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SunPower Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SunPower Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SunPower Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. SUNPOWER CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUNPOWER CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUNPOWER CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUNPOWER CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUNPOWER CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUNPOWER CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SunPower Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SunPower Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SunPower Corporation Major Shareholders
SunPower Corporation History
SunPower Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SunPower Corporation Offices and Representations
SunPower Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SunPower Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SunPower Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
SunPower Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
SunPower Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SunPower Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SunPower Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SunPower Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
SunPower Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
SunPower Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SunPower Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SunPower Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?