- The report contains detailed information about Spreadtrum Communications Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Spreadtrum Communications Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Spreadtrum Communications Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Spreadtrum Communications Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Spreadtrum Communications Inc. business.
About Spreadtrum Communications Inc.
Spreadtrum Communications, Inc., a semiconductor company, designs, develops, and markets baseband processor, RF transceiver and turnkey solutions for the wireless communications and mobile television market.
The company offers a portfolio of integrated baseband processor solutions that support a range of wireless communications standards, including Global System for Mobile communication (GSM), General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), and Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA), an international 3G standard for wireless communications promoted by China. Its solutions also offer a range of multimedia capabilities, such as TV-out, MP3 digital audio playback, touch screen, JAVA acceleration, digital camera support with up to 5 mega-pixels, Motion JPEG, Moving Picture Experts Group Compression Standard Version 4 (MPEG4), Audio Video Coding Standard (AVS), and H.264 digital video playback and 64-channel polyphonic ringtone playback.
In addition, the company designs, develops, and markets a China Multimedia Mobile Broadcasting (CMMB) based channel demodulator and audio/video decoder processor solution for the mobile television market, as well as AVS audio/video decoder processor solutions for the Internet protocol television (IPTV), satellite, cable, and terrestrial digital television markets.
The company offers a range of integrated baseband processor solutions and RF transceivers for the wireless communications market. In addition, it offers solutions, which include its total reference design solutions that combine its baseband semiconductors, RF transceivers and reference designs. The company also offers a CMMB-based channel demodulator and audio/video decoder processor solution for the mobile television market, as well as AVS audio/video decoder processor solutions for the IPTV, satellite, cable, and terrestrial digital television markets.
The company has developed a family of baseband semiconductor solutions designed specifically for wireless handsets that support 2G to 3G wireless technology standards, such as GSM, GPRS, and TD-SCDMA. Within its family of baseband semiconductors, the company offers different models that support various wireless communications standards and incorporate different multimedia feature sets.
As part of its total baseband processor solution, the company offers software, such as protocol stacks, user interface, file systems and device driver software, for its open platform that is integrated into its baseband semiconductors. In addition, the company has integrated other third-party operating systems and application software, such as text input, Internet browsing, electronic mail, wireless application protocol, Java and multimedia messaging service into its baseband products. Also, the company has developed its own software development tools to assist its customers in developing software applications for its baseband semiconductors. It also provides certain customers with reference designs that incorporate its baseband semiconductors.
2G and 2.5G Baseband Semiconductors
The company offers two series of baseband semiconductor solutions that are designed for wireless handsets supporting the 2G and 2.5G technologies of GSM and GPRS. All of the models with in the SC6600 series perform analog and digital signal processing and integrated power management and models incorporate multimedia functionality. Quad-band functionality allows the wireless handset to support all four major GSM frequency bands, including the 850 and 1900 MHz bands that are used in the Americas and the 900 and 1800 MHz bands that are used in most other parts of the world.
The additional key features supported by the SC6600 series are a digital still camera with a resolution of approximately 5 mega-pixels, a video camera, USB1.1 devices, Bluetooth connectivity and a SD card. The multimedia functionality of the SC6600 series includes digital audio playback that supports MP3 and other music formats, such as Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) and AAC+, Motion JPEG and MPEG4 digital video playback and 64-channel polyphonic ringtone playback.
The models with
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SPREADTRUM COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SPREADTRUM COMMUNICATIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SPREADTRUM COMMUNICATIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SPREADTRUM COMMUNICATIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SPREADTRUM COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Spreadtrum Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Spreadtrum Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SPREADTRUM COMMUNICATIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SPREADTRUM COMMUNICATIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SPREADTRUM COMMUNICATIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SPREADTRUM COMMUNICATIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SPREADTRUM COMMUNICATIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SPREADTRUM COMMUNICATIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Major Shareholders
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. History
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Offices and Representations
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Spreadtrum Communications Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?