- The report contains detailed information about Silicon Motion Technology Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Silicon Motion Technology Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Silicon Motion Technology Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Silicon Motion Technology Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Silicon Motion Technology Corp. business.
About Silicon Motion Technology Corp.
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation, a semiconductor company, engages in the design, development, and marketing of semiconductor solutions for the multimedia consumer electronics market.
Markets and Products
The company designs, develops, and supplies a portfolio of multimedia data processing, storage, and transfer solutions targeted primarily at consumer electronics applications. Its product offerings meet three main markets: mobile storage, multimedia SoCs, and mobile communications markets.
Mobile Storage Products
The company offers a range of controllers for NAND flash memory storage products, including flash memory cards, universal serial bus (USB) flash drives, card readers, embedded flash and solid state drives (SSDs). Flash memory storage products are used by consumers to store data for multimedia consumer electronics devices, such as mobile phones, digital still cameras, camcorders, personal navigation devices, personal multimedia players, and notebook and desktop PCs. Flash memory cards and USB flash drives are two major end applications for NAND flash.
Flash memory card controllers: NAND flash memory cards are non-volatile, solid state storage media that are media for the storage of multimedia data used in mobile phones, digital still cameras, and other portable consumer electronic devices because of their small and compact form factor, storage capacity, low power consumption, high speed data transfer rate, and support of certain copyright protection technologies.
The company offers the line of controllers for NAND flash memory card formats, including Compact Flash (CF), MultiMedia Card (MMC), Secure Digital (SD), and Memory Stick (MS), as well as sub-types of these formats, such as SD cards, miniSD card, and microSD card. The companys controllers also support two-bits per cell MLC and three-bits per cell MLC NAND flash. The companys flash memory card controller ICs are manufactured primarily using standard CMOS processes at 0.13- and 0.18- micron.
USB flash drive controllers: USB flash drives are NAND flash memory data storage devices integrated with a standard USB interface, commonly high speed USB 2.0. They are small, removable, and rewritable. Its USB flash drive controllers can support single- and dual-channel SLC and MLC NAND flash configuration.
Other storage controllers: In addition to controllers for flash memory cards, USB flash drives and card readers, the company also offers controller solutions for embedded flash memory and controllers for SSDs. SSD is a next generation storage technology designed to replace or compliment hard disk drives. The companys embedded controller solutions include controllers mounted on the printed circuit board of electronic devices, used to control NAND flash also mounted on the printed circuit board of the device, as well as controllers contained in a single semiconductor package with one or more companion NAND flash dies. It ships controllers for solid state drives and embedded memory solutions for use in industrial, networking, and consumer applications, notebook PCs, and servers.
The company designs and develops a range of multimedia SoCs for embedded graphics applications and notebook PC Webcams. SoCs are integrated circuits that include a central processing unit, memory interfaces, and other components and that address a range of end application requirements. Its SoCs are manufactured using standard CMOS processes.
Embedded graphics processors: Graphics processors are used by desktop and notebook PCs, game consoles, work stations, and multimedia mobile phones to increase the speed and complexity of images that can be displayed on a monitor, TV or screen, as well as improve color definition and image resolution. Graphics processors are also used to control the displays of servers and a range of consumer and lifestyle, medical and industrial, office equipment, entertainment, and other products. The company is focused primarily on designing, developing, and marketing SoCs which contain a graphics processor engine and embedded memory. Its embedded graphics processors are used to render text, 2D graphics, and graphi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SILICON MOTION TECHNOLOGY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SILICON MOTION TECHNOLOGY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SILICON MOTION TECHNOLOGY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SILICON MOTION TECHNOLOGY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SILICON MOTION TECHNOLOGY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Silicon Motion Technology Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Silicon Motion Technology Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SILICON MOTION TECHNOLOGY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SILICON MOTION TECHNOLOGY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SILICON MOTION TECHNOLOGY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. TAIWAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SILICON MOTION TECHNOLOGY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SILICON MOTION TECHNOLOGY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SILICON MOTION TECHNOLOGY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Major Shareholders
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. History
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Offices and Representations
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Silicon Motion Technology Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?