- The report contains detailed information about Semtech Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Semtech Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Semtech Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Semtech Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Semtech Corp. business.
About Semtech Corp.
Semtech Corporation supplies analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products. The company designs, produces, and markets a range of products that are sold principally to customers in the consumer, industrial, computing, and communications end-markets.
Power Management Products: Power management products control, alter, regulate and condition the power supplies with in electronic systems. The highest volume product types with in the power management product line are switching voltage regulators, combination switching and linear regulators, smart regulators and charge pumps.
Protection Products: The company designs, develops, and markets protection devices, which are often referred to as transient voltage suppressors (TVS). TVS devices provide protection for electronic systems where voltage spikes (called transients), such as electrostatic discharge generated by the human body, can permanently damage voltage-sensitive components. The companys portfolio includes filter and termination devices that can be sold as a complement to TVS devices. Its protection products feature low capacitance, providing protection and preserving signal integrity in high-speed voice and video interfaces and are low leakage. The companys protection products can be found in a range of applications, including computer, data-communications, telecommunications and industrial applications.
Advanced Communication and Sensing Products: The company designs, develops, and markets a portfolio of proprietary wired communication, wireless communication and sensing integrated circuits (ICs). These ICs perform specialized timing and synchronization functions used in high-speed networks, specialized radio frequency (RF) functions used in various industrial, medical and networking applications, and specialized sensing functions used in industrial and consumer applications. Its communications products feature an integrated timing solution for packet based communications networks. Its communications and sensing products can be found in a range of applications, including communications, industrial, medical and consumer applications.
Transport and Datacom Products: The company designs, develops, and markets Serializer/Deserializer (SerDes) products for transport communication, including 40Gbps and 100Gbps chips and transceivers for short reach, metro and long haul applications and transceivers for datacenter applications. These products can be found primarily in communications applications.
Microwave and High-Reliability Products: The company designs, develops, and markets transceivers for wireless communications infrastructure, including 2G/3G/4G cellular repeaters, WiMAX CPE and base stations and defense and aerospace products, including satellite communication, ground to air beacons and unmanned air vehicles (UAV). This product segment also includes its line of discrete semiconductor products consists of rectifiers, assemblies (packaged discrete rectifiers), and other products. These products are typically used to convert alternating currents (AC) into direct currents (DC) and to protect circuits against very high voltage spikes or high surges. The companys microwave products can be found in a range of applications including industrial, military, medical, and communications systems.
Sales and Marketing
The company has direct sales personnel located throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia.
The company operates internationally primarily through its wholly owned Swiss subsidiary, Semtech International AG. Semtech International AG serves the European markets from its headquarters in St. Gallen, Switzerland and through its wholly-owned subsidiaries based in France, Germany, Neuchatel Switzerland, the United Kingdom, China, and Malaysia. Semtech International AG maintains branch offices, either directly or through its wholly owned subsidiaries, in Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. Semtech International also maintains a representative office in China. Independent representatives and distributors are also used to serve customers worldwide.
On December 08, 2010, Semtech Corp. announced it is working with International Business Machines Corp. and its 3D through-silicon via (TSV) technology to develop a ADC/DSP platform that has applications in fiber optic telecommunications, high performance RF sampling and filtering, test equipment and instrumentation, and sub-array processing for phased array radar systems.
Computing: The companys customers include Apple; Hewlett Packard; Lenovo; Quanta; Samsung Electronics; Lexmark; and Epson.
Communications: The companys customers include Alcatel; Cisco; Ericsson; Huawei; Motorola; Nokia Siemens; and Samsung.
High-End Consumer: The companys customers include LG Electronics; Research in Motion; Samsung; Sony Ericsson; and Panasonic.
Industrial: The companys customers include Honeywell; Itron; Raytheon; Siemens; Phonak; and General Atomics.
The companys customers include major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their subcontractors in the computing, communications, consumer and industrial and military end-markets. Its customers also include Frontek Technology Corp., Compal Electronics, Intel, Quanta Computer, Research In Motion, and Sanyo.
The company considers its primary competitors with respect to its power management products to include Texas Instruments, National Semiconductor, Linear Technology, Maxim Integrated Products, Advanced Analogic Technologies, and Monolithic Power Systems. With respect to its protection products, its primary competitors are ST Microelectronics N.V., NXP, ON Semiconductor, Protek, and Infineon. The companys primary competitors with respect to its communications and sensing products are Silicon Laboratories, IDT, Zarlink Semiconductor, and Micrel Semiconductor. With respect to its transport and datacom products, its primary competitors are Core Optics, Inphi and internal solutions. The companys primary competitors with respect to its microwave products include Microsemi Corporation, Hittite Microwave Corporation, L3 Communications, and Gallium Arsenide product manufacturers.
Semtech Corporation was founded in 1960.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SEMTECH CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SEMTECH CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SEMTECH CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SEMTECH CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SEMTECH CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Semtech Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Semtech Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Semtech Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Semtech Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Semtech Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SEMTECH CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SEMTECH CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SEMTECH CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SEMTECH CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SEMTECH CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SEMTECH CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Semtech Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Semtech Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Semtech Corp. Major Shareholders
Semtech Corp. History
Semtech Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Semtech Corp. Offices and Representations
Semtech Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Semtech Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Semtech Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Semtech Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Semtech Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Semtech Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Semtech Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Semtech Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Semtech Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Semtech Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Semtech Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Semtech Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?