- The report contains detailed information about Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. business.
About Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp.
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation engages in the computer-aided design, manufacturing, packaging, testing and trading of integrated circuits and other semiconductor services, as well as manufacturing and designing semiconductor masks.
In addition to wafer fabrication, the companys service offerings include a portfolio of intellectual property consisting of libraries and circuit design blocks, design support, mask-making, wafer probing, gold/solder bumping and redistribution layer manufacturing. It also works with its partners to provide assembly and testing services. The company has a global and diversified customer base that includes integrated device manufacturer (IDMs) and fabless semiconductor companies.
In addition to its Shanghai mega-fab, the company has fabs at its Shanghai site. A portion of one facility in Shanghai is being leased to Toppan SMIC Electronics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., which manufactures color filters and micro-lenses for CMOS image sensors. It has one 8-inch fab under construction in Shenzhen. As of December 31, 2009, the companys fabs had an aggregate capacity of 162,050 8-inch wafer equivalents per month for wafer fabrication.
Wafer Fabrication Services
The company provides semiconductor fabrication services using 0.35 micron to 65 nanometer technology for various devices, including logic technologies, including standard logic, mixed-signal, RF and high voltage circuits; memory technologies, including dynamic random access memory (DRAM), static random access memory (SRAM), flash, erasable programmable read-only memory (EEPROM) and Mask ROM; and specialty technologies, including liquid crystal on silicon (LCoS), and CMOS image sensor (CIS).
These semiconductors are used in various computing, communications, consumer and industrial applications, such as computers, mobile telephones, digital televisions, digital cameras, DVD players, entertainment devices, other consumer electronics devices, and automotive and industrial applications.
The company manufactures various types of semiconductors, including logic semiconductors, mixed-signal and radio frequency (RF), high voltage, memory semiconductors, specialty semiconductors, LCoS, and CIS.
In addition to wafer fabrication, the company provides its customers with a range of complementary services, from circuit design support and mask-making to wafer level probing and testing. This range of services is supported by its network of partners that assist in providing design, probing, final testing, packaging, assembly, and distribution services.
Design Support Services
The companys design support services include providing its customers with access to the fundamental technology files and intellectual property libraries that facilitate customers own integrated circuit design. It also offers design reference flows and access to its design center alliance, as well as layout services.
The company offers libraries of compatible designs for portions of semiconductors, such as standard cells, Input/Output and selected memory blocks, in addition to technology files. It has arrangements with other providers of libraries to provide its customers with access to a library portfolio for their designs. In particular, the company offers a portfolio of application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) library and design kits for a range of tested and verified circuit applications and design-flow implementation. The company is developing additional libraries. Its library partners include ARM, Synopsys, Inc., VeriSilicon, and Virage Logic.
The companys intellectual property partners include ARM, MIPS, Virage, Synopsys, and Verisilicon.
Design Reference Flows
Customers implementing designs on the companys processes can utilize its design reference flows. These flows have been created using design tools developed by its electronic design automation partners, including Cadence Design Systems, Inc., Magma Design Automation, Inc., Mentor Graphics Corporation, and Synopsys, Inc.
Design Center Alliance
The company recommends design partners from its design services network.
The companys mask shop cooperates with its research and development department to develop new technologies and designs. Its mask-making facility, which is located in Shanghai, includes a 3,750 square meters clean room. Its facility is capable of producing binary masks, optical proximity correction masks and phase shift masks. Its mask facility also offers mask repair services. The company also offers a multi-project wafer service.
Wafer Probing, Assembly and Testing Services
The company has its own probing facilities in Shanghai and Beijing that provide test program development, probe card fabrication, wafer probing, failure analysis, and failure testing. It also outsources these services to its partners for those customers that request them. It has relationships with assembly and testing partners, including Amkor Assembly & Test (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. and ST Assembly Test Services Ltd.
On July 22, 2010, Virage Logic Corporation and Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation announced the extension of their longstanding partnership to the 40-nanometer (nm) low-leakage (LL) process technology.
In October 2010, The Wuhan East Lake Hi-Tech Development Zone Administrative Committee and Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. signed a cooperation framework agreement in Wuhans East Lake Hotel in which both parties agree to cooperate and jointly invest in the 12-inch wafer production facilities of Wuhan Xinxin Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation (Wuhan Xinxin) through cash injection.
The companys competitors include Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited (TSMC), United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC), and GlobalFoundries, as well as integrated device manufacturer (IDM) that include IBM.
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING INTERNATIONAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Major Shareholders
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. History
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Offices and Representations
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?