Renesas Electronics Corporation Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Renesas Electronics Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Renesas Electronics Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Renesas Electronics Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Renesas Electronics Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Renesas Electronics Corporation business.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
NEC Electronics Corporation engages in the development and manufacture of semiconductors for the automotive, industrial, and consumer electronics sectors worldwide. The company operates as a subsidiary of NEC Corporation.
The companys product portfolio comprises system LSIs, driver ICs for small and large TFT-LCDs, system memories, general-purpose microcontrollers, gate arrays, diodes, transistors, optical semiconductors, and microwave semiconductors.
Communications: The companys products in this category include system LSIs, Driver ICs for small TFT-LCDs, and system memories. These products are used in mobile handsets; and broadband networking equipment, such as routers, and mobile phone base stations.
Computing and Peripherals: The companys products include System LSIs, microcontrollers, and driver ICs for large TFT-LCDs. These products are used in computers, including servers and workstations; and computing peripherals, such as rewritable DVD drives, printers, and LCDs for PCs.
Consumer Electronics: The companys products include system LSIs and microcontrollers. These products are used in digital consumer electronics, such as blu-ray players/recorders, digital televisions, and digital cameras; home appliances, and game consoles.
Automotive and Industrial: The companys products include microcontrollers and system LSIs. These are used in automobiles, including engine, body control, airbags, and car audios; and industrial, such as factory automation.
Multi-market ICs: The companys products include general-purpose microcontrollers, gate arrays, and general-purpose system memories. These are used in a range of electronics equipment.
Discrete, Optical, and Microwave Devices: The companys products include diodes, transistors, optical semiconductors, and microwave semiconductors. These are used in a range of electronics equipment.
The company primarily serves communications; computing and peripherals; consumer electronics; automotive and industrial; multi-market ICs; and discrete, optical, and microwave devices markets. The company operates in Japan, the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Communications: The companys customers in this category include Nokia Siemens Networks, Samsung Electronics, Sharp, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications, and NEC.
Computing and Peripherals: The companys customers in this category include AUO, Canon, Hitachi, LG Display, Pioneer, Samsung Electronics, Seiko Epson, and NEC.
Consumer Electronics: The companys customers in this category include Casio Computer, LG Electronics, Nintendo, Panasonic, Samsung Electronics, Sharp, and Sony.
Automotive and Industrial: The companys customers in this category include Continental, Delphi, DENSO, Mitsubishi Electric, Robert Bosch, Siemens, and Toyota.
Discrete, Optical, and Microwave Devices: The companys customers in this category include DENSO, GIGABYTE, Murata Manufacturing, SANYO Electric, and NEC.
On September 9, 2009, NEC Electronics Corp. and Wind River Systems, Inc. announced an expanded collaboration to jointly develop Linux solutions for the market of portable devices, such as multimedia players and mobile televisions. As the first jointly developed solution, NEC Electronics introduced a new software development kit (SDK) based on Wind River Linux technology for the company's EMMA Mobile 1, an optimal system LSI chip for the market of portable devices to process audio and visual (A/V) data.
NEC Electronics Corp., Renesas Technology Corp., NEC, Hitachi Chemical Co. Ltd., and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation announced that they have signed a definitive agreement to integrate business operations at NEC Electronics and Renesas.
On October 5, 2009, Dialog Semiconductor plc has collaborated with NEC Electronics Corp. to develop a design platform based on NEC Electronics' multimedia processor system-on-chips (SoCs) and Dialog's power management platform ICs.
On October 6, 2009, NEC Electronics Corp. and KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd. announced the availability of an AUTOSAR 3.0-compatible software package for various hardware platforms. The package includes AUTOSAR Basic Software and a comprehensive tool chain, and was developed in close cooperation between the two companies.
On December 17, 2009, NEC Electronics Corp. and Western Digital Corp. announced that the companies have collaborated to promote the new SuperSpeed Universal Serial Bus (USB) 3.0 standard, a next-generation interface to be used in a range of electronic devices including PCs, PC peripherals, and digital appliances.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Renesas Electronics Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Renesas Electronics Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Renesas Electronics Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Renesas Electronics Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductor Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Renesas Electronics Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Renesas Electronics Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Renesas Electronics Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Renesas Electronics Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Renesas Electronics Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Renesas Electronics Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Renesas Electronics Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Renesas Electronics Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Renesas Electronics Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Renesas Electronics Corporation Major Shareholders
Renesas Electronics Corporation History
Renesas Electronics Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Renesas Electronics Corporation Offices and Representations
Renesas Electronics Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Renesas Electronics Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Renesas Electronics Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Renesas Electronics Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductor Industry Statistics
Renesas Electronics Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Renesas Electronics Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?