- The report contains detailed information about Realtek Semiconductor Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Realtek Semiconductor Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Realtek Semiconductor Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Realtek Semiconductor Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Realtek Semiconductor Corp. business.
About Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Realtek Semiconductor Corporation engages in the research, development, design, testing, and the sale of integrated chips (ICs) in Taiwan. The Company's product line includes gigabit Ethernet, wireless communication, audio, clock generators and LCD support products. Its ICs are used in the PC environment, including LAN, WLAN, sound, timing and LCD controllers.
The Company also engages in research and development of a router controller IC that integrates Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL), Voice over IP, and WLAN into a single chip. The Company is a designer and supplier of integrated circuits for network interface cards, or NIC ICs, and switches used in local area networks, or LANs. Its principal products include 10Mbps Ethernet and 100Mbps Fast Ethernet NIC ICs. It also designs and supplies integrated circuits for PC peripherals and multimedia products. The Company's product lines comprise data, voice, and image ICs that process data, voice, and video traffic.
Product Development Division I (Communications Networking Division): The Company's PDD I designs and develops ICs for wired and wireless NICs and LAN switches. Principal products in this division include 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet NIC ICs, 802.11a/b/g Mac & Baseband IC, 802.11a/b/g RF ICs, Layer 2 switch ICs, gateway router ICs, ADSL ICs, and IEEE 1394 ICs.
Product Development Division II (PC Peripheral Products Division and Digital Imaging Products Division): The Company's PDD II engages in the design and development of ICs for audio codecs, mouse controllers, clock generators, scanners, MFPs, card readers, and LCD controllers.
The Company provides IC solutions for applications in two categories that include communications networking, and PC peripherals & multimedia.
Communications Networking ICs:
The Company provides LAN solutions, including IC, software, and services for the manufacture of some of these components. Its products include 802.11a/b/g RF IC (RTL8255); 802.11b/g RF IC (RTL8225); 802.11a/b/g MAC and baseband processor (RTL8185); and USB 2.0-802.11a/b/g controller (RTL8187).
PC Peripheral & Multimedia ICs:
Audio Codecs: An audio codec is a chip-based software solution that codes and decodes analog sound into digital codes and vice-versa. An audio codec enables PC and notebook computers to receive, transmit, and playback sound. The Company recently introduced a family of High Definition Audio (HDA) codecs that deliver high-definition 8-channel audio.
Clock Generators: A clock generator is an internal timing device that emits timing signals or pulses critical to the function of a processor or communications device. The Company's clock generator ICs supports several series of Intel, SIS, and VIA chipsets. These include Intel 845G/865/865G/865PE/875/915/925, SIS 645/648/650/655/656/746, VIA P4X266/400/PT800/PT880/PT890, and VIA KT266/400/600 chipsets.
LCD Controllers: LCD controllers are ICs that typically include micro-processing and other functions, and that are used to control LCD products. The Company provides LCD controller solutions for producing digital video and computer graphic images on flat panel displays, such as LCD monitors, LCD TVs, projection displays, and plasma displays.
Multi-Function Peripheral (MFP) Controller: MFP is a machine that incorporates multiple functions, such as those of a scanner, a printer, a photocopier, and a facsimile machine. The Company also has scanner chips with high-speed Analog Front-Ends and control logic, and Universal Serial Bus port 2.0 interfaces.
Card Reader Controller: The Company's Card Reader Controllers are designed for accessing to all available flash memory cards as: Compact Flash, Micro-Drive, SD, MMC, Memory Stick (MS), MS-Pro, Smart Media and xD picture card. It also provides the compact package to support single slot application in the industry.
The Company's customers include motherboard manufacturers, such as Asustek and Gigabyte; network hardware makers, such as Accton and D-Link; and PC peripheral companies, such as Primax and Umax.
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. is collaborating with ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. on wireless monitors; a new product series designed to set a new paradigm for monitor convenience and ease of use, employing Wireless USB technology from Realtek.
On October 29, 2009, CSR plc announced that it has partnered with Realtek Semiconductor Corp. to deliver a family of Bluetooth v3.0 +High Speed (HS) and 802.11n module designs for the PC and netbook markets.
Realtek Semiconductor Corporation was established in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Realtek Semiconductor Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Realtek Semiconductor Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. TAIWAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Major Shareholders
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. History
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Offices and Representations
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?