- The report contains detailed information about Pericom Semiconductor Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pericom Semiconductor Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pericom Semiconductor Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pericom Semiconductor Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pericom Semiconductor Corp. business.
About Pericom Semiconductor Corp.
Pericom Semiconductor Corporation engages in the design, development, and marketing of integrated circuits (ICs) and frequency control products (FCPs) used in electronic systems.
The companys IC products include functions that support the connectivity, timing, and signal conditioning of high-speed parallel and serial protocols that transfer data among a system's microprocessor, memory and various peripherals, such as displays and monitors, and between interconnected systems.
The companys FCPs are electronic components that provide frequency references such as crystals and oscillators for computer, communication and consumer electronic products.
The companys SiliconConnect family consists of its PCI and PCI-X Bridges and its PCI Express Bridges and Packet Switches, as well as its legacy family of LVDS high-speed differential drivers, receivers and transceivers.
PCI/PCI-X: Manufacturers use PCI for legacy designs, especially in long-term higher-end platforms, such as networking, storage, high-end server and embedded systems used in military, industrial, and computing applications.
PCI Express: PCI Express (PCIe) is the replacement for PCI. PCIe is a serial, high-speed technology. Building on the introduction of PCIe bridge and packet switch products in 2008, in 2009 Pericom introduced PCIe bridge and packet switch products, which are being adopted into volume platform applications in networking, PC Peripherals, server, and embedded market segments.
LVDS: The company offers a low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS) product portfolio of legacy products that includes drivers, receivers and transceivers with data rates of 660 megabits per second, or Mbps, and allowing point-to-point connections over distances up to 10 meters.
The companys SiliconSwitch product family offers a range of ICs for switching digital and analog signals.
ASSP Switch: The company offers a line of application specific standard product, or ASSP, switches for LAN, Analog Video, Digital Video, such as DVI/HDMI, PCI Express and USB, applications. The LAN switches address the demands of 10/100/1000 Ethernet LANs. The video switches address the high bandwidth that enables the switching between different video sources associated with video graphic cards and flat panel displays. The company also markets its PCI Express signal switches with Gen-I (2.5Gbps) and Gen-II (5.0Gbps) speeds for desktop PC, gaming stations, servers, and storage applications.
Analog Switches: The company offers a family of analog switches for low-voltage (1.8-volt to 7-volt) applications, such as multimedia audio and video signal switching.
Digital Switches: The company offers a family of digital switches in 8-, 16- and 32-bit widths that address the switching needs of high-performance systems. Applications for its digital switches include 5-volt to 3.3-volt signal translation, high-speed data transfer and switching between microprocessors, PCI slots and multiple memories and hot-plug interfaces in notebook and desktop computers, servers and switching hubs and routers. The company also has products at 2.5-volt and 3.3-volt offering performance in switching times.
Through its SiliconInterface product line, the company offers a family of products that address both designs as well as legacy interface. The company has launched a ReDriver family including SATA and PCIe protocols that conditions signals and ensures signal integrity in very high-speed protocols. SiliconInterface also focuses on managing different voltage levels by use of voltage level translator devices. The companys legacy high-performance 5-volt, 3.3-volt, 2.5-volt, and 1.8-volt CMOS logic interface circuits provide logic functions to handle data transfer between microprocessors and memory, bus exchange, backplane interface and other logic interface functions.
ReDrivers/Signal Conditioners: The companys ReDriver family of products boost signals by combining programmable equalization and de-emphasis techniques at the transmit and receive points, respectively, on a signal path to ensure good signal
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pericom Semiconductor Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pericom Semiconductor Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PERICOM SEMICONDUCTOR CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Major Shareholders
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. History
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Offices and Representations
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pericom Semiconductor Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?