- The report contains detailed information about National Semiconductor Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for National Semiconductor Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The National Semiconductor Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes National Semiconductor Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of National Semiconductor Corporation business.
About National Semiconductor Corporation
National Semiconductor Corporation operates as a semiconductor company. The company focuses on analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits and sub-systems, particularly in the area of power management.
The company designs, develops, manufactures, and markets analog-intensive solutions that improve performance in electronic systems. It has a product portfolio, which includes power management circuits, audio and operational amplifiers, communication interface products, and data conversion solutions. Its portfolio of approximately 13,000 products is sold to a group of end-customers from smaller customers serviced by a distribution network to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
The company targets a range of markets and applications, such as wireless handsets (including smart phones) and other portable applications; automotive applications; factory and office automation; wireless basestations; medical applications; network infrastructure; photovoltaic systems; and industrial and sensing applications.
The company manufactures a range of analog intensive and mixed-signal integrated circuits, which are used in various applications. It is a supplier of analog and mixed-signal products, serving both broad-based markets, such as the consumer, industrial, medical, automotive and communications, and markets, such as wireless handsets (including smart phones) and other portable applications, LED lighting, renewable energy, portable medical and communications infrastructure. Its analog and mixed-signal devices include operational and audio amplifiers; lighting and display circuits; power references, regulators and switches; adaptive voltage scaling circuits; analog-to-digital or digital-to-analog converters; radio frequency integrated circuits; and communication interface circuits.
Other product offerings that are not analog or mixed-signal include microcontrollers and embedded Bluetooth solutions that collectively serve a variety of applications in the wireless, personal computer, industrial, automotive, consumer, and communication markets. The companys portfolio of intellectual property enables to develop building block products, application-specific standard products and custom large-scale integrations for customers.
The companys major customers include Avnet and Arrow.
Marketing and Sales
The company markets its products to OEMs and original design manufacturers (ODMs) through a direct sales force. Some of its major OEMs include Apple; Continental; LG Electronics; L.M. Ericsson; Motorola; Nokia; Nokia Siemens Network; Novero; Panasonic; Research in Motion Ltd.; Robert Bosch; Samsung; Siemens; Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications; and Triquint.
The companys major competitors include Analog Devices, Intersil Corporation, Linear Technology, Maxim Integrated Products, and Texas Instruments.
On September 7, 2010, Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. and National Semiconductor Corporation announced a strategic alliance to ultrasound technology, creating ultrasound imaging systems that produce enhanced image quality and advanced 3D/4D imaging capabilities, and consuming less power.
On October 5, 2010, National Semiconductor Corporation announced that it is collaborating with Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. to develop 'smart panel' technology, incorporating National Semiconductor's award-winning SolarMagic power optimizer chipset into Suntech solar panels to improve the power output of solar systems.
National Semiconductor Corporation was founded in 1959.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. National Semiconductor Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of National Semiconductor Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of National Semiconductor Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. National Semiconductor Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. National Semiconductor Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
National Semiconductor Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
National Semiconductor Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
National Semiconductor Corporation Major Shareholders
National Semiconductor Corporation History
National Semiconductor Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
National Semiconductor Corporation Offices and Representations
National Semiconductor Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
National Semiconductor Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
National Semiconductor Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
National Semiconductor Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
National Semiconductor Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
National Semiconductor Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
National Semiconductor Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
National Semiconductor Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
National Semiconductor Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
National Semiconductor Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
National Semiconductor Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
National Semiconductor Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?