- The report contains detailed information about MIPS Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MIPS Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MIPS Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MIPS Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MIPS Technologies Inc. business.
About MIPS Technologies Inc.
MIPS Technologies, Inc. provides processor architectures and cores that are used by home entertainment, communications, networking, and portable multimedia products. The companys technology is used in markets, such as mobile consumer electronics, digital entertainment, wired and wireless communications and networking, office automation, security, microcontrollers, and automotive.
The company develops and licenses its processor designs in two forms. It generates both high-level description language representations of its cores called synthesizable, or soft, cores, and process-optimized or hard cores, which are silicon process specific implementations expressed in an electronic data format that can be used almost directly to create masks used in the production process. Customers can specify various configuration options on synthesizable cores, such as the size of the included memory, and have control over which silicon technology is targeted with the final product.
Designs: The company provides processor and related core designs that meet a range of performance, power and cost needs, and enable its licensees to provide both standardized and customized semiconductor products to system original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). These designs consist of:
MIPS32 M14K and M14Kc Cores: The company's new core family, the M14K cores began shipping in March 2010. The cores are based on the new microMIPS instruction set architecture, designed to provide high levels of system performance for cost-sensitive embedded applications, such as 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs), home entertainment, personal entertainment and home networking.
MIPS32 4K Cores: The 4K, 4KSd, 4KE and M4K processor cores are 32-bit core designs for custom system-on-a-chip Systems on Chip (SoC) applications. These cores have been licensed by 86 licensees, including Zoran, Atheros, Lantiq, Microchip Technology, Renesas Electronics, MStar and others, and are utilized in SoCs shipping in production, both as the main processor or as subsystem controllers in SoCs using multiple processor cores.
MIPS32 24K Cores: The 24K core family is designed to be scalable to future generations of silicon process technology. The 24KE core uses the 24K microarchitecture and adds Digital Signal Processing (DSP) functionality. The 24K and 24KE cores have been licensed to 58 companies, including Atheros, Broadcom, Lantiq, Trident, Toshiba, Ralink, Sigma Designs, Renesas Electronics, Broadlight, Cisco Systems, and others.
MIPS32 34K Cores: The 34K core family provides both the DSP and multithreading (MT) ASEs. The 34K core familys MT capabilities allow the user to take advantage of the fact that embedded systems run multiple program tasks or threads of execution in parallel, and that system performance limitations from memory access timing can be improved by switching tasks from one that is waiting for data to another that is ready to execute. The 34K family has been licensed by 22 companies, including Broadcom, Mobileye, MStar, PMC-Sierra, Wintegra, and others.
MIPS32 74K Cores: The 74K core family is based on the companys next-generation superscalar microarchitecture with out-of-order instruction dispatch. The 74K family has been licensed by 21 companies, including Broadcom, Lantiq, Renesas Electronics, Sigma Designs, and others.
MIPS32 1004K Cores: The company's 1004K Coherent Processing System (CPS) is a multi-threaded multiprocessor IP core. Incorporating multi-threading in each core in a coherent multi-core architecture enables the 1004K multiprocessor to surpass the performance of multi-core systems based on single-threaded processor cores. The 1004K cores have been licensed by 11 companies, including Mobileye, PMC-Sierra, ViXS, and others.
MIPS32 and MIPS64 Architectures: The MIPS32 and MIPS64 architectures provide a target for software and other collateral products. There are a total of 18 active architecture licenses at companies, including Broadcom, Cavium Networks, Netlogic Microsystems, Renesas Electronics, Sony, Toshiba, and The Institute of Computing Technology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
microMIPS Instruction Set Architect
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MIPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MIPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MIPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MIPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MIPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MIPS Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MIPS Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MIPS Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MIPS Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MIPS Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MIPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MIPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MIPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MIPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MIPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MIPS TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MIPS Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MIPS Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MIPS Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
MIPS Technologies Inc. History
MIPS Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MIPS Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
MIPS Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MIPS Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MIPS Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MIPS Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
MIPS Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MIPS Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MIPS Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MIPS Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MIPS Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MIPS Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MIPS Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MIPS Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?