- The report contains detailed information about Mattson Technology Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mattson Technology Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mattson Technology Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mattson Technology Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mattson Technology Inc. business.
About Mattson Technology Inc.
Mattson Technology, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of semiconductor wafer processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits (ICs or chips). The company supplies dry strip and rapid thermal processing (RTP) equipment to the global semiconductor industry.
Markets, Applications, and Products
A strip system removes photoresist or other residues from a wafer following each step of film deposition or diffusion processing in preparation for the next processing step. The companys dry stripping systems, such as its Suprema strip tool, create gaseous chemistries, or plasmas, to which the wafer is exposed to remove mask films and residues.
The companys Suprema system utilizes a wafer handling architecture and features its patented inductively coupled plasma (ICP) technology. The system utilizes an enhanced radio frequency (RF) matching network and a heating source.
Rapid Thermal Processing
The companys RTP products feature dual-sided, lamp-based heating technology that provides process uniformity and repeatability with precise process control for both 200 and 300 mm manufacturing. Its product lines include the 2900 for 200 mm applications, the Helios RTP system for 300 mm anneal applications, and the Atmos RTO system for 300 mm advanced oxidation applications.
The Helios features a model-based temperature measurement and control system that provides the uniformity, repeatability and reliability required for device performance for applications, including source drain anneals and spike anneals. The Helios XP was introduced in 2009 as its third generation of 300mm RTP tools.
Millios is designed to enable the companys customers to meet gate anneal and activation process requirements through the 32 nm technology node and beyond. This type of annealing, typically called millisecond annealing, is needed for various processes in most technology nodes where even the short times used in conventional RTP are too long.
The companys Aspen III LiteEtch systems use its patented ICP source technology for isotropic etching applications on 200 and 300 mm wafers. Its another anisotropic etch system, the Alpine, provides etch solutions for low-k dielectric and copper integration, including the resist etchback and barrier layer removal applications. The Alpine features Mattson's proprietary Faraday-shielded ICP source and a bias capability that enables independent control of ion energy and ion density.
Customers and Sales
The companys customers include Canon, Samsung, Hynix, Nanya, and Chartered. Its customer base is diversified geographically and includes foundries, memory and logic device manufacturers. It has sales and support offices in China, Germany, France, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and the United States.
The companys principal competitors in the dry strip market include Axcelis Technologies, Novellus Systems, and PSK. Principal competitors for its thermal annealing systems are Applied Materials, Dainippon Screen Manufacturing Co., Ltd., and Ultratech Technologies. Principal competitors for etch systems include Applied Materials, Lam Research, and Tokyo Electron.
Mattson Technology, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MATTSON TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MATTSON TECHNOLOGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MATTSON TECHNOLOGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MATTSON TECHNOLOGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MATTSON TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mattson Technology Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mattson Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mattson Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mattson Technology Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mattson Technology Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MATTSON TECHNOLOGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MATTSON TECHNOLOGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MATTSON TECHNOLOGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MATTSON TECHNOLOGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MATTSON TECHNOLOGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MATTSON TECHNOLOGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mattson Technology Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mattson Technology Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mattson Technology Inc. Major Shareholders
Mattson Technology Inc. History
Mattson Technology Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mattson Technology Inc. Offices and Representations
Mattson Technology Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mattson Technology Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mattson Technology Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Mattson Technology Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Mattson Technology Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mattson Technology Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mattson Technology Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mattson Technology Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Mattson Technology Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Mattson Technology Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mattson Technology Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mattson Technology Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?