- The report contains detailed information about LSI Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for LSI Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The LSI Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes LSI Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of LSI Corporation business.
About LSI Corporation
LSI Corporation engages in the design, development, and marketing of storage and networking semiconductors and storage systems. The company provides silicon-to-system solutions that are used at the core of products that create, store, consume, and transport digital information.
The company offers a portfolio of capabilities, including custom and standard product integrated circuits used in hard disk drives, solid state drives, high-speed communications systems, computer servers, storage systems, and personal computers. It also offers external storage systems, storage systems software, redundant array of independent disks, or RAID, adapters for computer servers, and RAID software applications. It sells its products primarily to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) storage companies.
The company operates in two segments, the Semiconductor Segment and the Storage Systems Segment.
The Semiconductor segment designs, develops, and markets integrated circuits for storage and networking applications. These solutions include both custom solutions and standard products. The company designs custom solutions for a specific application defined by the customer. It develops standard products for market applications that it defines and sells them to multiple customers. The company sells its integrated circuits for storage applications principally to makers of hard disk drives, solid state drives, and computer servers. It sells its integrated circuits for networking applications principally to makers of devices used in computer and telecommunications networks and to makers of personal computers. The company also licenses other entities to use its intellectual property.
The Storage Systems segment designs and sells enterprise storage systems and storage software applications that enable storage area networks. It also offers RAID adapters for computer servers and associated software for attaching storage devices to computer servers. The company sells its storage systems and storage solutions primarily to OEMs who resell these products to end customers under their own brand name.
Hard Disk, Solid State and Tape Drive Electronics: The company sells integrated circuits for hard disk, solid state and tape drive solutions, which are used to store and retrieve data in personal computers, corporate network servers, archive/back-up devices and consumer electronics products, such as digital video recorders, game consoles, and digital media players.
The companys TrueStore family of storage electronics products includes systems-on-a-chip, read channels, pre-amplifiers, serial physical interfaces and hard disk controllers, as well as custom firmware. These are the critical chips required to read, write, and protect data. The company offers products that can be used in various storage applications, including hard drives and solid state drives intended for notebook computers, desktop computers and enterprise computers, and in tape drives.
The company sells pre-amplifiers, or preamps, which are used to amplify the initial signal to and from the drive disk heads so the signal can be processed by the read channel. It also provides similar technology for tape drives. The companys hard disk controllers are used to control signal processing and communications functions within the disk drive.
Storage Interface Products: The company also offers solutions that make possible data transmission between a host computer and storage peripheral devices, such as magnetic, solid state and optical disk drives and disk and tape-based storage systems. These products consist of:
Storage Standard Products: The companys product line includes SAS, SATA, and RAID-On-Chip (RoC) integrated circuits combined with its Fusion-MPT firmware and drivers to form intelligent storage interface solutions primarily for server and storage system motherboard applications. Additionally, its product line includes SCSI, SAS and SATA bus expander integrated circuits, Fibre Channel integrated circuits, SAS switches, and disk drive bridging or interposer circuits used primarily in storage systems. The company sells its integra
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LSI CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LSI CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LSI CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LSI CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LSI CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. LSI Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of LSI Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of LSI Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. LSI Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. LSI Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. LSI CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LSI CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LSI CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LSI CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LSI CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LSI CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LSI Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
LSI Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
LSI Corporation Major Shareholders
LSI Corporation History
LSI Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
LSI Corporation Offices and Representations
LSI Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
LSI Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
LSI Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
LSI Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
LSI Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
LSI Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
LSI Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
LSI Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
LSI Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
LSI Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
LSI Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
LSI Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?