- The report contains detailed information about Linear Technology Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Linear Technology Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Linear Technology Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Linear Technology Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Linear Technology Corp. business.
About Linear Technology Corp.
Linear Technology Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of linear integrated circuits.
The companys products include amplifiers, comparators, voltage references, monolithic filters, linear regulators, DC-DC converters, battery chargers, data converters, communications interface circuits, RF signal conditioning circuits, uModule products, and other analog functions.
Amplifiers: These circuits amplify the output voltage or current of a device. The amplification represents the ratio of the output voltage or current to the input voltage or current.
High Speed Amplifiers: These amplifiers are used to amplify signals from 5 megahertz to various megahertz for applications, such as video, data acquisition, and communications.
Voltage Regulators: Voltage regulators deliver a controlled voltage to power electronic systems. This category of product consists primarily of two types, the linear regulator and the switch-mode regulator. Switch-mode regulators are also used to convert voltage up or down within an electronic system for power management and battery charging.
Voltage References: These circuits serve as electronic benchmarks providing a constant voltage for measurement systems usage. Precision references have a constant output independent of input, temperature changes or time.
Interface: Interface circuits act as an intermediary to transfer digital signals between or within electronic systems. These circuits are used in computers, modems, instruments, and remote data acquisition systems.
Data Converters: These circuits change linear (analog) signals into digital signals, or visa versa, and are often referred to as data acquisition subsystems, A/D converters, and D/A converters. The accuracy and speed with which the analog signal is converted to its digital counterpart (and visa versa) is considered a key characteristic for these devices. Low speed data converters may have resolution up to 24 bits, while high speed converters may operate in the region of 100s of megahertz sample rates.
Radio Frequency Circuits: These circuits include mixers, modulators, demodulators, amplifiers, drivers, filters, oscillators/synthesizers, and power detectors and controllers. They are used in wireless and cable infrastructure, cell phones, and wireless data communications infrastructure.
Power Over Ethernet Controllers (POE): POE controller circuits enable transmission of voltage and current over standard Ethernet cables to power equipment or devices connected to the network.
DC/DC µModule Power Systems: A DC/DC µModule simplifies the design of a DC/DC regulator circuit by integrating a circuit into a protective and encapsulated package. The customer design requires limited knowledge of analog and DC/DC regulator circuits and allows a time-to-market power supply solution for digital systems using FPGAs, ASICs, DSPs, or microcontrollers.
Signal Chain Modules: Signal chain functions utilizing data converters, filter, amplifiers, RF circuits, and related passive components are encapsulated as SiP (System in a Package) modules.
Other: Other linear circuits include buffers, battery monitors, motor controllers, hot swap circuits, comparators, sample-and-hold devices, drivers, and filters (both switched capacitor and continuous time), which are used to limit and/or manipulate signals in such applications as cellular telephones, base stations, navigation systems, and industrial applications.
The companys linear circuits are used in various applications, including telecommunications; cellular telephones; networking products, such as power over Ethernet switches; tablet, notebook, and desktop computers; computer peripherals, video/multimedia, industrial instrumentation, security monitoring devices, high-end consumer products, such as digital cameras, smart phones, and media players, global positioning systems, complex medical devices, automotive electronics, factory automation, process control, military, space, and other harsh environment systems.
The company sells approximately 15,000 original equipment manufacturer customers directly and/or through the sales distributor channel. Its primary domestic distributor is Arrow Electronics.
The company's sales organization is divided into domestic and international regions. Its sales offices located in the United States are in the following metropolitan areas: Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Minneapolis, Boston, Philadelphia, Sacramento, San Jose, Denver, Portland, Seattle, Austin, Dallas, Houston, Raleigh, Irvine, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and San Diego. Internationally, the company has sales offices in Ascheberg, Helsinki, London, Milan, Munich, Paris, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Sydney, Beijing, Hong Kong, Nagoya, Osaka, Seoul, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver.
The companys primary competitors include Analog Devices, Inc.; National Semiconductor Corporation; Intersil; Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.; and Texas Instruments, Inc.
Linear Technology Corporation was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Linear Technology Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Linear Technology Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Linear Technology Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Linear Technology Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Linear Technology Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Linear Technology Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Linear Technology Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Linear Technology Corp. Major Shareholders
Linear Technology Corp. History
Linear Technology Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Linear Technology Corp. Offices and Representations
Linear Technology Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Linear Technology Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Linear Technology Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Linear Technology Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Linear Technology Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Linear Technology Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Linear Technology Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Linear Technology Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Linear Technology Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Linear Technology Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Linear Technology Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Linear Technology Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?