- The report contains detailed information about LDK Solar Co., Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for LDK Solar Co., Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The LDK Solar Co., Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes LDK Solar Co., Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of LDK Solar Co., Ltd. business.
About LDK Solar Co., Ltd.
LDK Solar Co., Ltd., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of solar wafers, which are the principal raw material used to produce solar cells, which are devices capable of converting sunlight into electricity. In addition, the company provides wafer processing services.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had an annualized wafer production capacity of approximately 1.8 gigawatts (GW); and had an installed annualized polysilicon production capacity of 6,000 metric tons. The company develops solar projects in Europe and China.
Products and Services
The company sells multicrystalline and monocrystalline wafers globally to manufacturers of solar cells and modules. It produces and sells solar wafers in 3 principal sizes of 125 by 125 millimeters, or mm, 150 by 150 mm and 156 by 156 mm, and with thicknesses from 180 to 220 microns. It also provides wafer processing services to both monocrystalline and multicrystalline solar cell and module manufacturers, who provide it with their own silicon materials, such as polysilicon feedstock and ingots. The company processes such feedstock to produce ingots.
The companys polysilicon ingots are 270 kilograms or 450 kilograms in weight and 690 by 690 mm or 840 by 840 mm in width and 243 mm in height. In addition, the company also sells polysilicon materials, which include ingots and other chemicals used to produce polysilicon and solar wafers, including polysilicon scraps.
The company sells solar modules in the international markets principally to solar panel makers, solar system integrators, and PV whole-sale distributors. As of December 31, 2009, it sold an aggregate of 32.7 MW of modules. In February 2010, the company entered into an agreement with Best Solar Co., Ltd. (Best Solar) and acquired its crystalline module manufacturing plant. It sells its modules under its own brand name and also on an OEM basis for its customers.
The company also provides engineering, procurement, construction, and development services in China.
The companys suppliers include JYT Corporation, Applied Materials, Inc., and GT Solar Incorporated.
The companys principal customers include Canadian Solar Inc.; E-Ton Solar Tech Co., Ltd.; Gintech Energy Corporation; Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.; Neo Solar Power Corporation; Q-Cells AG (Q-Cells); and Motech Industries Inc. (Motech).
In April 2009, the company formed a joint venture with Q-Cells to focus on solar power generation systems and the market development of such systems.
The company competes with international players, such as BP Solar; Deutsche Solar AG, a unit of SolarWorld AG; Ersol Solar Energy AG; Evergreen Solar Inc.; Green Energy Technology, Inc.; JFE Steel Corporation; Kyocera Corporation; M.SETEK Co. Ltd.; PV Crystalox Solar AG; Renewable Energy Corporation ASA; Sino-American Silicon Products Inc.; and Trina Solar Limited. The company also competes with players in China, such as Glory Silicon Energy Co., Ltd; Jinggong P-D Shaoxing Solar Energy Technology Co., Ltd.; Renesola Ltd.; Jiangsu Shunda PV-Tech Co., Ltd.; Sumitomo Mitsubishi Silicon Corporation; and Tianwei Yingli New Energy Resources Co., Ltd. Its competitors also include MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc.; Motech; NorSun AS; Q-Cells; and Wacker Schott Solar GmbH.
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. was founded in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LDK SOLAR CO., LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LDK SOLAR CO., LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LDK SOLAR CO., LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LDK SOLAR CO., LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LDK SOLAR CO., LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of LDK Solar Co., Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of LDK Solar Co., Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. LDK SOLAR CO., LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LDK SOLAR CO., LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LDK SOLAR CO., LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LDK SOLAR CO., LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LDK SOLAR CO., LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LDK SOLAR CO., LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Major Shareholders
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. History
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Offices and Representations
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
LDK Solar Co., Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?