- The report contains detailed information about Lam Research Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lam Research Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lam Research Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lam Research Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lam Research Corporation business.
About Lam Research Corporation
Lam Research Corporation supplies wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry. The company designs, manufactures, markets, and services semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits.
The companys etch systems shape the microscopic conductive and dielectric layers into circuits that define a chips final use and function. It also offers a portfolio of single-wafer clean technologies which allow its customers to implement customized yield-enhancing solutions.
The companys etch products selectively remove portions of various films from the wafer in the creation of semiconductors by utilizing various plasma-based technologies to create critical device features at technology nodes.
DFC Technology: The companys patented Dual Frequency Confined technology incorporates multi-frequency power with a physically confined plasma. The application of power at different frequencies provides improved process flexibility and allows different materials to be etched in the same chamber. Confinement also enables the companys proprietary in situ Waferless Autoclean technology to clean chamber components after each wafer has been etched. Used together, multi-frequency and WAC technologies provide a process environment for every wafer, preventing process drift and ensuring repeatable process results wafer-to-wafer and chamber-to-chamber.
2300 Exelan Flex, 2300 Exelan Flex45, and 2300 Flex D Series Dielectric Etch Systems: The 2300 Flex family allows a single chamber design to serve the requirements of a range of applications through multiple technology generations. Advances in system design, such as multiple frequencies, higher power capabilities, and tunable wafer temperature, meet the demanding uniformity and profile requirements for applications at the 32 nm node and beyond.
TCP Technology: The companys Transformer Coupled Plasma (TCP) technology provides capability for advanced conductor etch applications at the 32 nm node and beyond. By coupling radio frequency (RF) power into plasma at low pressures, the TCP technology provides capability to etch nanoscale features into silicon and metal films.
2300 Versys Kiyo, 2300 Versys Kiyo45, 2300 Kiyo C Series, 2300 Versys Metal, 2300 Versys Metal45, and 2300 Versys Metal L Conductor Etch Systems: The 2300 Kiyo product family combines iterative advances in technology to provide critical dimension (CD) uniformity for a range of conductor etch applications. Its etch products perform production-proven in situ etch of complex features.
MEMS and Deep Silicon Etch
TCP 9400DSiE Deep Silicon Etch System: The TCP 9400DSiE system is based on its production-proven TCP 9400 silicon etch series. The systems patented high-density TCP plasma source provides a configuration to serve the needs of silicon deep reactive ion etch (DRIE), offering process capability and flexibility for a range of micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), advanced packaging, and power semiconductor applications.
Three-Dimensional Integrated Circuit Etch (3-D IC)
The three-dimensional integrated circuits provide interconnect capability for die-to-die and wafer-to-wafer stacking.
2300 Syndion Through-Silicon Via Etch System: The 2300 Syndion etch system is based on its patented TCP technology and the 2300 Versys Kiyo conductor etch system. The Syndion system can etch multiple film stacks in the same chamber, including silicon, dielectric, and conducting materials, thereby addressing multiple through-silicon vias (TSV) etch requirements.
Single-Wafer Wet Clean
Single-Wafer Spin Clean Products: SP Series, Da Vinci, and DV-Prime: The SEZ spin technology is used for cleaning and removing films. This technology provides the productivity and flexibility needed for both high-volume manufacturing and development across multiple technology nodes and for all device types. By offering advanced dilute chemistry and solvent solutions in its systems, its spin wet clean systems address certain defectivity and material integrity requirements.
Single-Wafer Linear Clean Product: 2300 Serene: The company's 2300 Serene wet clean system is targeted at applications requiring high-selectivity residue removal without damaging sensitive device structures. The systems C3 (Confined Chemical Cleaning) technology combines linear wafer motion with chemically-driven single-wafer cleaning to remove residues. This technology addresses applications that require high-selectivity cleaning, such as high-k metal gate post-etch clean.
Plasma-Based Bevel Clean
2300 Coronus Plasma-Based Bevel Clean System: The 2300 Coronus plasma-based bevel clean system incorporates plasma technology to remove yield limiting defect sources. The system combines the ability of plasma to selectively remove various materials with a proprietary confinement technology that protects the die area. Incorporating its Dynamic Alignment technology on the 2300 platform, the Coronus system provides wafer placement for reproducible results and encroachment control.
The company markets its products and services in the United States, Europe, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, and the Asia Pacific.
The companys customers include semiconductor manufacturers, such as Samsung Electronics Company, Ltd.; Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Ltd.; and Toshiba Corporation.
The companys primary competitors in the etch market are Tokyo Electron, Ltd. and Applied Materials, Inc. Its primary competitor in the single-wafer wet clean market is Dainippon Screen Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
Lam Research Corporation was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lam Research Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lam Research Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lam Research Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lam Research Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lam Research Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lam Research Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lam Research Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lam Research Corporation Major Shareholders
Lam Research Corporation History
Lam Research Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lam Research Corporation Offices and Representations
Lam Research Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lam Research Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lam Research Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Lam Research Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Lam Research Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lam Research Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lam Research Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lam Research Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Lam Research Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Lam Research Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lam Research Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lam Research Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?