- The report contains detailed information about Kopin Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Kopin Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Kopin Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Kopin Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Kopin Corp. business.
About Kopin Corp.
Kopin Corporation engages in the development and manufacture of III-V products and miniature flat panel displays. The company uses its proprietary semiconductor material technology to design, manufacture, and market its products. Its products enable customers to develop and market a generation of products for applications in wireless and consumer electronic products.
The company commercially develops and manufactures Gallium Arsenide-based heterojunction bipolar transistor wafers (HBT transistor wafers) and other commercial semiconductor products that use Gallium Nitride and Gallium Arsenide-based substrates. These products are referred to as III-V products. The company manufactures its HBT transistor wafers using its proprietary metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) semiconductor growth techniques and its Wafer Engineering process.
The companys HBT transistor wafers are customer-specific arrays of vertically oriented transistors that its customers use primarily to produce integrated circuits for wireless communications products. The companys primary HBT transistor wafer product is based on an aluminum gallium arsenide vertical layer structure. It also offers customers HBT transistor wafers based on indium gallium phosphide and gallium nitride vertical layer structures.
The companys HBT transistor wafers are used in code division multiple access, global system mobile and time division multiple access power amplifiers, and third generation (3G) wireless handset standards. In addition to wireless handset power amplifiers, its HBT transistor wafers are also being used in the fabrication of power amplifiers for devices which communicate using wireless fidelity or WiFi integrated circuits. The companys HBT transistor wafers are also used in high-speed fiber optic switching.
The companys CyberDisplay products consist of miniature, high resolution displays either sold separately or in various configurations with optical lenses and electronics contained in either plastic or metal housings. The applications of its CyberDisplay products are military devices, such as thermal weapon sights and consumer devices such as camcorders, digital cameras, and devices that are capable of browsing the Internet using digital wireless devices and viewing video from other consumer electronics devices, such as MP3 or iPod storage devices.
The company's principal CyberDisplay products are miniature high density color or monochrome active matrix LCDs with resolutions which range from approximately 320 x 240 resolution to 1280 x 1024 resolution. Its proprietary technology enables the production of transparent circuits on a transparent substrate, in contrast to conventional silicon circuits, which are on an opaque substrate. The companys CyberDisplay products imaging properties are a result of the formation of a liquid crystal layer between the active matrix integrated circuit glass and the transparent glass. The color CyberDisplay products the company sells generate colors by using color filters with a white backlight.
The company sells its CyberDisplay products to its customers as either a single display component, a unit which includes a lens and backlight (referred to as an electronic view finder or EVF), or a complete module, which includes the display, lens, backlight, focus mechanism and electronics, which are assembled in a plastic or metal housing (referred to as a binocular display module (BDM) for commercial customers and higher level assemblies (HLA) for military customers).
The companys production partners, United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC) and MagnaChip, fabricate integrated circuits for its CyberDisplay products in their foundries in Taiwan and Korea, respectively.
III-V Products: The company principally sells its III-V products directly to integrated circuit manufacturers in the United States and Asia. Its major customer for its HBT transistor wafers is Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (Skyworks Solutions). Skyworks Solutions also uses the foundry services of Advanced Wireless Semiconductor Company (AWSC) to process its HBT tr
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KOPIN CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KOPIN CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KOPIN CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KOPIN CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KOPIN CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Kopin Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Kopin Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Kopin Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Kopin Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Kopin Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. KOPIN CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KOPIN CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KOPIN CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KOPIN CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KOPIN CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KOPIN CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Kopin Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Kopin Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Kopin Corp. Major Shareholders
Kopin Corp. History
Kopin Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Kopin Corp. Offices and Representations
Kopin Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Kopin Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Kopin Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Kopin Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Kopin Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Kopin Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Kopin Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Kopin Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Kopin Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Kopin Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Kopin Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Kopin Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?