- The report contains detailed information about IXYS Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for IXYS Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The IXYS Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes IXYS Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of IXYS Corp. business.
About IXYS Corp.
IXYS Corporation, a multi-market integrated semiconductor company, engages in the development, manufacture and marketing of power semiconductors, mixed signal integrated circuits (ICs), application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) and radio frequency (RF), power semiconductors.
The company focuses on the market for power semiconductors that are capable of processing approximately 200 watts of power. Its power semiconductor products are used primarily to control electricity in power conversion systems, including uninterruptible power supplies, or UPS, and switch mode power supplies, or SMPS, for applications such as communications infrastructure, including wireless base stations, network servers and telecommunication switching stations; motor drives for industrial applications, such as industrial transportation, robotics, automation and process control equipment; medical electronics for sophisticated applications, such as defibrillators and MRI equipment; and renewable energy sources such as wind turbines and solar systems.
The company designs and sells ICs that have applications in telecommunications, display, power management, security systems, and appliances. The companys mixed signal ICs are used in telecommunications products, central office switching equipment, customer premises equipment, set top boxes, remote meter reading equipment, security systems, advanced flat displays, medical electronics and defense aerospace systems. Its microcontroller semiconductor products are designed for various applications, including consumer electronics, home appliances and security systems.
The companys systems include laser diode drivers, high voltage pulse generators and modulators, and high power subsystems, sometimes known as stacks, that are principally based on its high power semiconductor devices. It also designs and sells RF power semiconductors that switch electricity at the high rates required by circuitry that generates radio frequencies. Its RF power devices are used in wireless infrastructure, industrial RF applications, medical systems and defense and space electronics. The company designs its power semiconductor, IC and system and RF semiconductor products primarily for industrial and business applications.
The company's power semiconductor products are divided into two primary categories, power MOS, or metal oxide silicon, and power bipolar products. Its power semiconductors are sold as individual units and are also packaged in high power modules that consist of multiple semiconductor die.
Power MOS Transistors
Power MOS transistors are activated by voltage. Power MOS transistors also offer long-term performance. Its power MOS transistors consist of power MOSFETs and IGBTs.
Power MOSFETs: A power MOSFET, or metal oxide silicon field effect transistor, is a switch controlled by voltage at the gate. Power MOSFETs are used in combination with passive components to vary the amperage and frequency of electricity by switching on and off at high frequency. Its power MOSFETs are used primarily in power conversion systems and are focused on higher voltage applications ranging from 40 to 1,700 volts.
IGBTs: IGBTs, or insulated gate bipolar transistors, also are used as switches. For a given semiconductor die size, IGBTs can operate at higher currents and voltages.
Bipolar products are also used to process electricity, and are activated by current. Bipolar products are capable of switching electricity at substantially higher power levels than power MOS transistors. The company's bipolar products consist of rectifiers and thyristors.
Rectifiers: Rectifiers convert AC power to DC power and are used primarily in input and output rectification and inverters. The company's rectifiers are used in DC and AC motor drives, power supplies, lighting and heating controls and welding equipment. Its FREDs are used principally in AC motor drives and power supplies.
Thyristors: Thyristors are switches that can be turned on by a controlled signal and turned off when the output is reduced to zero, which occurs in the flow of AC power. Thyristors are p
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IXYS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IXYS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IXYS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IXYS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IXYS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. IXYS Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of IXYS Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of IXYS Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. IXYS Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. IXYS Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. IXYS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IXYS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IXYS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IXYS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IXYS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IXYS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
IXYS Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
IXYS Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
IXYS Corp. Major Shareholders
IXYS Corp. History
IXYS Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
IXYS Corp. Offices and Representations
IXYS Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
IXYS Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
IXYS Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
IXYS Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
IXYS Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
IXYS Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
IXYS Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
IXYS Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
IXYS Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
IXYS Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
IXYS Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
IXYS Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?