- The report contains detailed information about Gennum Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gennum Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gennum Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gennum Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gennum Corporation business.
About Gennum Corporation
Gennum Corporation designs, develops, and markets semiconductor products and intellectual property cores for consumer connectivity, enterprise, video broadcast, and data communications applications. The company's products are designed to ensure that signals used to transmit video and data in applications, such as networking, home entertainment and broadcasting maintain their original integrity, and to eliminate the potential for errors in sending and receiving information. The company has global design, research, development and sales offices in Canada, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Taiwan, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
The company outsources wafer fabrication for its products to thirdparty silicon wafer foundries such as United Manufacturing Corporation (UMC), STMicroelectronics and Tower Semiconductor Ltd. (Jazz).
The company designs and develops various products that are primarily marketed to video transport and communication networking and data center infrastructure OEMs.
Video ActiveConnect Products
ActiveConnect is a family of signal integrity products that enable the transmission of HDMI 1.3 and DisplayPort version 1.1 over extended distances using co-axial, CATx or shielded twisted pair (STP) cables. These new HDMI and DisplayPort standards offer exciting next-generation features such as higher resolution video, deep color, and higher frame rates that enable a new user experience.
Video - SDI/HD-SDI Products
Gennum offers a family of SDI/HD-SDI products, which support DVB-ASI, a standard which is used to transport multiple compressed video signals over a single SDI link. The companys family of SDI/HD-SDI products consists of the following devices:
Equalizers These devices equalize and restore SDI signals received over co-axial cable.
Cable Drivers These devices drive output signals over co-axial cable. Gennum devices offer low jitter, low power, and small packaged cable drivers for 3G-SDI, HDSDI, SD-SDI and DVB-ASI applications.
Reclockers These are various low-power clock and data recovery devices with wide input jitter tolerances and low intrinsic jitter for 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI and DVB-ASI applications.
Serializers & Deserializers (SerDes) These are products, which perform conversions from slower speed parallel multi-line signals to single higher speed line signals (serializers) or from single higher speed line signals to slower speed parallel multi-line signals (deserializers). The companys SerDes products are used in HDSDI, SD-SDI, and DVB-ASI applications.
Sync Separators These devices extract timing information from reference signals in order to lock video signals together in a video facility for switching.
Timing These are various digitally controlled timing generators and ClockCleaner solutions used for jitter reduction.
Video Optical Modules Gennums 3 Gbps SDI video optical modules extend the reach of digital video over optical fiber. They include support for video pathological test patterns and run at 3 Gbps SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI rates without any user intervention required to change the data rate. They can also be used for other formats, such as Ethernet and SONET.
Data Communications - Optical PMD Products
The physical media device (PMD) serves as the actual physical connection to a fiber optic cable by converting incoming optical signals into electric signals. Similarly, for data flowing in the opposite direction, the PMD converts electric signals into optical signals. The company offers laser drivers, transimpedance amplifiers and post-amplifiers operating at speeds ranging from 1.25 Gbps to 12.5 Gbps. These products are being used in various applications from carrier long-haul and metro networks to Enterprise Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet networks, including storage networks and systems.
The company also develops products for application in passive optical networks (PON) that enable fiber-to-the home deployments. Typically, the company sells these products to optical module manufacturers who service the equipment manufacturers, or directly to OEMs who build discrete board-based solution
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GENNUM CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GENNUM CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GENNUM CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GENNUM CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GENNUM CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gennum Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gennum Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gennum Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gennum Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gennum Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. GENNUM CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GENNUM CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GENNUM CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GENNUM CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GENNUM CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GENNUM CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gennum Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gennum Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gennum Corporation Major Shareholders
Gennum Corporation History
Gennum Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gennum Corporation Offices and Representations
Gennum Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gennum Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gennum Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Gennum Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Gennum Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gennum Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gennum Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gennum Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Gennum Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Gennum Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gennum Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gennum Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?